lilyhundre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I am in year 9 and for years I have wanted to be a lawyer, what gcses should I pick to be a lawyer i know I am taking english lit&lang maths chemistry biology maths geography possible french and not sure what else to pick please help, what a levels should i pick and would it just be a law degree
username4942066
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi!
If you want to do law it is ideal to take subjects where you can show and justify your opinions. A good example is History.

Hope this helps!
louisisntmafia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by lilyhundre)
I am in year 9 and for years I have wanted to be a lawyer, what gcses should I pick to be a lawyer i know I am taking english lit&lang maths chemistry biology maths geography possible french and not sure what else to pick please help, what a levels should i pick and would it just be a law degree
as buddingdentist08 said, history would be a good option to help forming arguments in essays. however at GCSE you need to think more about what you enjoy then your career path, so bear that in mind. you can do law with any a-level subjects so pick what you enjoy, but you should do one or two essay-based subjects (english lit, history, economics etc.)
vidi2020
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by lilyhundre)
Don't worry about A levels right now. Focus on GCSEs. Pick subjects in which u know u can achieve the best.
For Law, Universities don't really care about ur subjects they only care about your grades. So pick according to your strengths..taking history may be an advantage but u need to think can I write essays? am I confident I can achieve the top grade consider the pros and cons? Hope this helps
Evelyn_Pro
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
History, plus English Literature area good choice, Get a good tutor for guidance. Pm for more help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (50)
30.3%
No (115)
69.7%

Watched Threads