Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im registered for 6th December, my SAT I tests.
    I registered on collegeboard with the 4 month course for learning it.
    Would people like to recommend any books i should use?
    Any tips for the exams and revision?

Can I just ask, if im the only one confused by the layout of maths questions on these papers?

any help would be appreciated.

harry

ReputationRep:
    well i just used the official SAT- blue bok
    and for vocabulary- Hot words for the SAT(very good)...i practise evryday and learn 10 vocabs a day

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, it's a painfully simple test. Get a book of practice tests and do a couple of them in the weeks before the test. (Most of these books will also have a simple strategy guide and info on how the test is timed and scored.) The most important thing to know, I think, is when to guess - you get 1/4 of a point deducted for every wrong answer, so only guess if you can absolutely eliminate a few of the answer choices.

You've probably heard it before and I'll say it again: The SAT only tests how well you take the SAT.

(When are you applying? I'm assuming for fall 2010? I think it's always a good idea to take the SAT early enough to allow for a retest if you score poorly.)

ReputationRep:
    yeah, applying in fall of 2010. youre right, thats why im taking them this early. i went to be able to have 2 bites of the cherry for both tests.

what college are you at r0x0r?

ReputationRep:
    I'm at Brown (it's in Rhode Island; I really have no idea how well-known it is).

If you (or anyone else, I suppose) has more specific questions about it or other American unis, feel free to PM me. (I mostly know about universities/colleges in Colorado, where I'm from, and the Ivy League just because I've visited all of them. I've also visited Swarthmore, Wellesley, and Reed if you have questions about campus/location.)

ReputationRep:
    THE GRAMMAR AND ENGLISH SECTIONS..I KNOW URE english but thats the pitfall for many english students, apay a lot of attention also the vocabulary, rather than memorise chunks from some book like a robot read, read and read be it books, novels, blogs whatever, newspapers..so long as u friggin look up all the vocab u dont understand, learn the latin origin of words, so u can guess the meaning without actually knowing how to define the word exactly as for the essay dont forget to incylude all ure points- just do a mini plan and go straight into the writing, please pay attention to structure as in dont hop around it needs to be chronological and precise with an intro a body and a conclusion. Words or longwinded phrases u dont need dont include them u only have 25 minutes! pay attention to grammtenses and connectors, prepositions etc used properly, DO NOT GUESS IF U DONT KNOW..educated guess are okay (meaning if uve eliminated all choices and theres 2 left)..pay attention to the clock, if u dont have much time just shade the circle thing lightly on one of the sections and once u realise u have time to spare just darken ure dots (but this only works for 1 section...i think its section 4), anyway best of luck!!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.