The Student Room Group
Reply 1
3 or 4!
If it was 1vs1 then the lion would hold the pitbull down with its paw and rip its face off. But with more than one pitbull, it is likely the lion would get severely wounded, despite its huge size and weight advantage.
Reply 3
4-5 Pitbulls can eventually kill a Lioness. However against a healthy male Lion in wild, even 10 Pitbulls have no chances. We are talking about a 250 Kg male Lion vs. 25 Kg Pitbulls. It will be a manner of seconds for a male lion to kill a Pitbull.

To support this, I suggest to see Lion vs. Hyena interaction in wild. 3 spott Hyenas (75 Kg, much stronger than a Pitbull, matching a Leopard, having the strongest bite among all canivore family) have been seen to kill a Lioness, but even a pack of 20 Hyenas have not been obsereved to cause any problem to male lion. When a male lion goes inside a full pack of hyenas and killed their leader (Alpha-female) just with a single bite, he will definietly face no problem against a pack of pitbulls.

Of course this is in wild, where Lion can use his agility. If you put a poor male lion in a small cage, even with 5-6 pitbulls, he will probably get killed.
I think that the lion is undoubtedly stronger than a pitbull dog because the lion is more huge size than a pitbull dog it is main reason to me
Reply 5
Original post by Chandan roy
I think that the lion is undoubtedly stronger than a pitbull dog because the lion is more huge size than a pitbull dog it is main reason to me

10 years later both the lion and dogs have died of old age... Like this now locked thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest