The Student Room Group

biology or geography a level

hey all.. stuck between choosing biology and geography
I'm looking to do a degree in economics in the future and am pretty neutral on these subjects

anyone have any advice comparing the two in terms of workload, content etc

thank you :smile:
Original post by blobfish123
hey all.. stuck between choosing biology and geography
I'm looking to do a degree in economics in the future and am pretty neutral on these subjects

anyone have any advice comparing the two in terms of workload, content etc

thank you :smile:

DONT PICK BIOLOGY there’s too much content
haha thx is it rly that bad thooo cuz GCSE isn't too bad
Original post by blobfish123
haha thx is it rly that bad thooo cuz GCSE isn't too bad

It’s worse than u can imagine
Im in y13 rn trust me it’s the worse decision u can make
Reply 4
I take both geo and bio and yes, they do work well together but in terms of an economics degree I don't think biology would be the best fit.
Do geography because lots of the human side involves economic, development and population theories. But I guess it does depend on what your school/college chooses for the syllabus, so maybe look into that.
Also, economics would probably require some fair essay writing skills and geography a level can defo support that.
Original post by bixbunty
I take both geo and bio and yes, they do work well together but in terms of an economics degree I don't think biology would be the best fit.
Do geography because lots of the human side involves economic, development and population theories. But I guess it does depend on what your school/college chooses for the syllabus, so maybe look into that.
Also, economics would probably require some fair essay writing skills and geography a level can defo support that.

tysm! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest