The Student Room Group

Red light cameras

Traffic lights are cool.

I like red light cameras.

It's not a camera, it's a sensor.

That is all.

This was a test of the @ItsOnlyASensor bot - feel free to ignore!
(edited 3 years ago)
Perhaps you should start some magazine for others who have the same enthusiasm, and then it can appear as the guest publication on 'Have I got News for You'.
Hey! Your post seems to have a few phrases that pertain to traffic lights and/or red light cameras, so I'm here to answer a few common questions that we see on TSR...

Is this a a sensor or a camera?
I can guarantee that if you've attached a photo to this thread, it's NOT a red light camera, but is in fact just a sensor for monitoring traffic.

I think I ran a red light, will I get a fine?
No one can answer this, sorry! You'll need to wait for 14 days to see if a NIP arrives in the post (there's a few exceptions to the rule, but 14 days is the usual guideline). You need to seriously have a long hard think about what you've done and treat this as a big lesson in paying more attention on the roads, regardless of whether you get a fine or not.

What if someone saw me and reports me?
Nothing will come from it. Stop worrying.

This message was posted automatically by the ItsOnlyASensor bot. If you believe this message was posted in error, please PM this account to provide feedback. Thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by ItsOnlyASensor
Hey! Your post seems to have a few phrases that pertain to traffic lights and/or red light cameras, so I'm here to answer a few common questions that we see on TSR...

Is this a a sensor or a camera?
I can guarantee that if you've attached a photo to this thread, it's NOT a red light camera, but is in fact just a sensor for monitoring traffic.

I think I ran a red light, will I get a fine?
No one can answer this, sorry! You'll need to wait for 14 days to see if a NIP arrives in the post (there's a few exceptions to the rule, but 14 days is the usual guideline). You need to seriously have a long hard think about what you've done and treat this as a big lesson in paying more attention on the roads, regardless of whether you get a fine or not.

What if someone saw me and reports me?
Nothing will come from it. Stop worrying.

This message was posted automatically by the ItsOnlyASensor bot. If you believe this message was posted in error, please PM this account to provide feedback. Thanks!

Thanks @ItsOnlyASensor, you're the best bot ever! :colondollar:
Reply 4
Have the red light camera threads finally broken you? :lol:
Reply 5
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Have the red light camera threads finally broken you? :lol:

See above for the final solution to the red light camera threads once and for all...
Reply 6
Original post by IWMTom
See above for the final solution to the red light camera threads once and for all...

Brilliant. But I will miss your endless quarreling with one gem accounts over the matter.
Reply 7
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Brilliant. But I will miss your endless quarreling with one gem accounts over the matter.

I get progressively more irritated as each thread comes along, so this is the best way to avoid being banned through frustration whilst being helpful at the same time :laugh:

Spoiler

@ItsOnlyASensor has saved 2020 from being a total catastrophe.

I look forward to new accounts interacting with it and asking it follow up questions.
Reply 9
Original post by Admit-One
@ItsOnlyASensor has saved 2020 from being a total catastrophe.

I look forward to new accounts interacting with it and asking it follow up questions.

Don't make me build an AI! :-(

Quick Reply

Latest