The Student Room Group

boys ask us questions, us girls will answer (new version)

ask awayyyy

Scroll to see replies

Im not a boy but is it ok to leak from your pad every so often if you’re heavy?
Original post by Anonymous

i-
i-

Pls

If you’re talking about socially acceptable, probably not but yk it has happened to pretty much all girls at some point. I would advise that you get some leak-proof underwear (probably easiest found online), wear nighttime pads during the day too or see if you can get a toilet cards from your school so you can go to the bathroom during class without teacher objections
Reply 5

i have this issue all the time as well but idk, sorry hun x
That’s ok. I was jw if I was doing something wrong but ppl do it so phew
Reply 7
Original post by LoveAmore
If you’re talking about socially acceptable, probably not but yk it has happened to pretty much all girls at some point. I would advise that you get some leak-proof underwear (probably easiest found online), wear nighttime pads during the day too or see if you can get a toilet cards from your school so you can go to the bathroom during class without teacher objections

yeah. i think also buying cups as well is helpful - not that i have tried them but mine is also heavy but i think it is normal.
Reply 8
That’s ok. I was jw if I was doing something wrong but ppl do it so phew

dw, when i wore a tampon it leaked on my bikini after 20 mins when i was in water and i had the super one or whatever it is called. i think it is normal so dw hun x
dw, when i wore a tampon it leaked on my bikini after 20 mins when i was in water and i had the super one or whatever it is called. i think it is normal so dw hun x

Ah phew lol x

As a man I'd be more concerned for your general wellbeing than any leakage. Because my understanding is that periods, especially heavy ones can be an ache in the womb.
How you feel and whether there's anything that can be done to mitigate your aches is far more important than cosmetic issues like a bit of fluid or a stain somewhere, that can be washed off easily enough anyway.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
As a man I'd be more concerned for your general wellbeing than any leakage. Because my understanding is that periods, especially heavy ones can be an ache in the womb.
How you feel and whether there's anything that can be done to mitigate your aches is far more important than cosmetic issues like a bit of fluid or a stain somewhere, that can be washed off easily enough anyway.

oh, really? i have the same issue and have for over five years of having this! i get so much pain as well, it's unreal but i got to work tomorrow how fun!
I had this really bad stomach ache, then was told about the magic of a hot water bottle from this girl and it worked wonders, I'm wondering if you have an other magical life-hacks?
can someone be my girl please
Original post by Josh123rg
can someone be my girl please

You're going with that :facepalm: C'mon gotta bring your A-game
Original post by Afrrcyn
I had this really bad stomach ache, then was told about the magic of a hot water bottle from this girl and it worked wonders, I'm wondering if you have an other magical life-hacks?

what kind of life hacks?
Original post by Afrrcyn
You're going with that :facepalm: C'mon gotta bring your A-game

thats my A* game
what kind of life hacks?

Surprise me, anything you were like 'wow, I can't live without this'

thats my A* game

Oh wow, umm, yeaaa.....
thats my A* game