The Student Room Group

FREE? A-Level student taking first exams in summer 2021

I'm wondering if anyone else has been faced with this same issue and can offer any kind of advice:

I finished my last year of study 19/20 and deferred the autumn resit to summer 2021. My question is - being that it is still my first attempt should the college cover the costs for this?

I don't expect to get a firm answer since I've already contacted DfE, Ofqual and the college directly and nobody seems to know yet - but I have hope!

Thank you.
Reply 1
My understanding is that the Autumn exam season would be free for those who had been entered in Summer 2020 but that fees would return to normal for Summer 2021, regardless of whether you took Autumn exams or not, i.e. students are expected to pay for re-sits. That said, I can't find anything that explicitly says it.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
My understanding is that the Autumn exam season would be free for those who had been entered in Summer 2020 but that fees would return to normal for Summer 2021, regardless of whether you took Autumn exams or not, i.e. students are expected to pay for re-sits. That said, I can't find anything that explicitly says it.

Presumably, money that would have otherwise been spent on the student for exams in 2020 could now be spent on the 2021 exams. Of course it's all down to their policies which aren't yet published!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending