Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So...if you go to the Facebook Homepage, scroll all the way to the bottom...look at the left hand side where the language says 'English' - click on it to see a list of languages, you will find the ability to change Facebook into, that's right, PIRATE English!

So now, someone has confirmed that I 'be mateys wit them' - the 25th of March is my 'Date o' origin', I have 152 'Hearties', and 188 'Portraits in thaaaaaarr gallery'.

:laugh: Try it - it's good for lolz and roffles.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, I changed it a few days ago and it still amuses me!

ReputationRep:
    A little slow aren't we?
    This was introduced on National Talk Like A Pirate Day

ReputationRep:
    It's probably the best thing I've found on Facebook to date. Although it does mean I've had to change it out of French, which was keeping me amused, and teaching me all sorts of interesting words... [geek/]

ReputationRep:
    I've gone back to normal English now, kept getting confused with certain things. But it was fun

ReputationRep:
    As a strict pastafarian this benefits me greatly

ReputationRep:
    oh god i absolutely LOVED IT. genius i must say!:p:
    apparently i can SQUAWK on a friend's wall, hahaaa

ReputationRep:
    i loved the "arrrr ye have been skewered"

ReputationRep:
    LMAO! Just did it now!

ReputationRep:
    I only just found this out thanks to this thread, i have to say, that is actually amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, I just changed mine over, I am enjoying it at the moment, but will probably tire of it shortly!

ReputationRep:
    LOL That's awesome.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    its fab i loves it

ReputationRep:
    Not ever changing it... nope :pirate3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    A little slow aren't we?
    This was introduced on National Talk Like A Pirate Day
    Ah yes, that really high-profile and publicised day that everyone got off work, and spent walking around with wooden legs, hooks for hands and parrots on their shoulders...

:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Lol! That is wonderful!

ReputationRep:
    I love you and want to have your babies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnythemoose)
    Ah yes, that really high-profile and publicised day that everyone got off work, and spent walking around with wooden legs, hooks for hands and parrots on their shoulders...

:indiff:
    Well it was publicised where I work, I assumed it was publicised elsewhere too, plus there were several threads about this on the day. And just so you know, I didn't mean this as a dig, just for information purposes.

ReputationRep:
    It was amusing, but got old quite quickly.

I did, however, like the '9 parrots scratching at the door' for comments on photos/stati.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    Well it was publicised where I work, I assumed it was publicised elsewhere too, plus there were several threads about this on the day. And just so you know, I didn't mean this as a dig, just for information purposes.
    OK, no harm done.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.