sallykhan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
This will leave me in poverty and in hardship.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by sallykhan)
This will leave me in poverty and in hardship.
Hi Sally, sorry to hear about this. Could you explain further about what has happened or if you prefer to talk in private you can message us on Twitter/Facebook.
Thanks, Isaac
sallykhan
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi Sally, sorry to hear about this. Could you explain further about what has happened or if you prefer to talk in private you can message us on Twitter/Facebook.
Thanks, Isaac
Im not on either of those. In 2018 I started the pgdip into adult nursing ive been getting SL for my bsc in 2013-2017 took a year out to work. 2019 I took maternity and interrupted my studies, came back to this in Sept 2019 to finish off where I left my studies. 2020 March the university gave my 4 placements away to final year students. Since Sept 2020 I've enrolled for the first year to complete my outstanding placement hours of 850 ive done all my training and attended classes via ms team, 4 months into my studies and in January starting a new module, SLC are investigating my single marital status. I have 5m left till ive completed my first year of the programme In Aug 2021.

Then finally I can move onto the second year of my course in September 2021. I've studies the first year and it's taken me 3 years to do so due to maternity leave/interruption, then the whole covid situation. Finally I prayed that this year I can complete my hours and just move on for a better life for myself and my son. I grew up in poverty in a household of 8 snd both parents aren't educated neither worked they were pension age. I didn't want the same for my son. Then this stressful burden has fallen upon me.

I have a son whose 22 months and im not sleeping going through his final stages of development before turning 2, im struggling to complete my essay when his asleep and I feel like crap during the day and tired. The university isn't supportive and I don't have a partner as they've expressed. I am dealing with this mess myself and I can't believe I have a child, 8r was easier to student as a mature student and a lone parent is hard.

My bf who I met in 2012 in London, we've been seeing each other on and off, nothing serious certainly not marriage. I got dupped into his lies and betrayal and unfortunately fell pregnant and I didn't want an abortion and now my life is difficult. He helps me when I need child minding which saves the gov and SLC money for childcare, my friends have helped me financially and to babysit ad well.

They saying we've been living together since 2017 im paying my own rent, his not in my documents.

Ive got 5 months left im staying positive even if they withdraw funding. I hope the university can get me through the first year. By god grace im not sure how ill manage the final year as tuition fees are 9,250 which I don't have im already OD in my account.

As its a nursing course im hoping the nhs can fund it. I have been praying as I can't sleep, my future isn't clear now. I made a mistake of getting pregnant and I regret it, that doesn't mean I married and why should my life end here, I am more than just a mother, I want to work and help people in the hospital. I have planned to become a nurse since 9 helping here and there, ive worked in the health and social care since 2013 qnd claimed SL but now i have a child since 2019 everything changed. My family disowned me at 18, living in a hostel. I have come so far yet feel like I have achieved anything, no help and with all my disabilities its a daily battle. Having a baby changed everything but my motivation to become a nurse is still strong at heart.

What's the next step for me, I can't provide anymore evidence than I have already.
Last edited by sallykhan; 6 months ago
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Im not on either of those. In 2018 I started the pgdip into adult nursing ive been getting SL for my bsc in 2013-2017 took a year out to work. 2019 I took maternity and interrupted my studies, came back to this in Sept 2019 to finish off where I left my studies. 2020 March the university gave my 4 placements away to final year students. Since Sept 2020 I've enrolled for the first year to complete my outstanding placement hours of 850 ive done all my training and attended classes via ms team, 4 months into my studies and in January starting a new module, SLC are investigating my single marital status. I have 5m left till ive completed my first year of the programme In Aug 2021.

Then finally I can move onto the second year of my course in September 2021. I've studies the first year and it's taken me 3 years to do so due to maternity leave/interruption, then the whole covid situation. Finally I prayed that this year I can complete my hours and just move on for a better life for myself and my son. I grew up in poverty in a household of 8 snd both parents aren't educated neither worked they were pension age. I didn't want the same for my son. Then this stressful burden has fallen upon me.

I have a son whose 22 months and im not sleeping going through his final stages of development before turning 2, im struggling to complete my essay when his asleep and I feel like crap during the day and tired. The university isn't supportive and I don't have a partner as they've expressed. I am dealing with this mess myself and I can't believe I have a child, 8r was easier to student as a mature student and a lone parent is hard.

My bf who I met in 2012 in London, we've been seeing each other on and off, nothing serious certainly not marriage. I got dupped into his lies and betrayal and unfortunately fell pregnant and I didn't want an abortion and now my life is difficult. He helps me when I need child minding which saves the gov and SLC money for childcare, my friends have helped me financially and to babysit ad well.

They saying we've been living together since 2017 im paying my own rent, his not in my documents.

Ive got 5 months left im staying positive even if they withdraw funding. I hope the university can get me through the first year. By god grace im not sure how ill manage the final year as tuition fees are 9,250 which I don't have im already OD in my account.

As its a nursing course im hoping the nhs can fund it. I have been praying as I can't sleep, my future isn't clear now. I made a mistake of getting pregnant and I regret it, that doesn't mean I married and why should my life end here, I am more than just a mother, I want to work and help people in the hospital. I have planned to become a nurse since 9 helping here and there, ive worked in the health and social care since 2013 qnd claimed SL but now i have a child since 2019 everything changed. My family disowned me at 18, living in a hostel. I have come so far yet feel like I have achieved anything, no help and with all my disabilities its a daily battle. Having a baby changed everything but my motivation to become a nurse is still strong at heart.

What's the next step for me, I can't provide anymore evidence than I have already.
Sorry to hear about your situation, I imagine it is stressful. Have our counter fraud department already contacted you?
Thanks, Isaac
sallykhan
Rep:
?
Sorry to hear about your situation, I imagine it is stressful. Have our counter fraud department already contacted you?
Thanks, Isaac
Yes waiting for more documents and given me a provisional decision whatever that means .
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yes waiting for more documents and given me a provisional decision whatever that means .
With the fraud department already looking into your case we wouldn't be able to access your account, we could only refer you to them.

Rest assured they will contact you once they have fully investigated everything and everything will be fine if you have told them everything.
Hopefully you receive a decision soon.
Thanks, Isaac
sallykhan
Rep:
?
With the fraud department already looking into your case we wouldn't be able to access your account, we could only refer you to them.

Rest assured they will contact you once they have fully investigated everything and everything will be fine if you have told them everything.
Hopefully you receive a decision soon.
Thanks, Isaac
This is what they've said to me Based on our findings, Customer Compliance conclude that you are unfitted
to receive student support from 04/09/2017 and until such time as Customer Compliance determine that you are an eligible student.

Should I lie and tell my ex bf if his willing to share his wage slips and his yearly income with me? We're not together and im not sure of his seeing someone else. I want slc to continue my funding. They can assess me again with his income. I don't think he will help me out.
sallykhan
Rep:
?
This is what they've said to me Based on our findings, Customer Compliance conclude that you are unfitted
to receive student support from 04/09/2017 and until such time as Customer Compliance determine that you are an eligible student.

Should I lie and tell my ex bf if his willing to share his wage slips and his yearly income with me? We're not together and im not sure of his seeing someone else. I want slc to continue my funding. They can assess me again with his income. I don't think he will help me out.
They haven't shared with me what their findings are. I provided documents clear evidence in black and white.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
They haven't shared with me what their findings are. I provided documents clear evidence in black and white.
I advise you to call 0141 243 3336 to speak directly to the team and they will be able to provide further info. If you disagree with their findings you should explain this to them and provide evidence to back up your claim. They are open from 9am to 4:30pm.
Thanks, Isaac
sallykhan
Rep:
?
Can I apply for SF again this year for study in 2021-2022 and will it be granted? My situation may change than.

If I can't provide anymore evidence then the final decision is that im not entitled to finance this year 2020-2021. How will I manage to complete the year?

If they put me on the fraud list my credit score of 995 will be ruined just because they wanted evidence that I count provide, why are they ruining my life.

I will pay this money back once I get a job after my studies why are these stupid people digging and making stories up. Im British you know im entitled to funding. Im not a ******s from abroad!
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Can I apply for SF again this year for study in 2021-2022 and will it be granted? My situation may change than.

If I can't provide anymore evidence then the final decision is that im not entitled to finance this year 2020-2021. How will I manage to complete the year?

If they put me on the fraud list my credit score of 995 will be ruined just because they wanted evidence that I count provide, why are they ruining my life.

I will pay this money back once I get a job after my studies why are these stupid people digging and making stories up. Im British you know im entitled to funding. Im not a ******s from abroad!
Good morning Sally, I can not confirm if you would be eligible to apply again, you will need to query this with the Customer Compliance department by calling the number above. Please give them a call.
Thanks, Isaac
sallykhan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Good morning Sally, I can not confirm if you would be eligible to apply again, you will need to query this with the Customer Compliance department by calling the number above. Please give them a call.
Thanks, Isaac
Sfe has stopped my upcoming payment in April 2021 infact on my online account my application for 2020-2021 status is not eligible.

I am appealing against this and have provided all the necessary documents for this. If my application is reinstated will I get Aprils payment and will the university get their tuition fees?

Also I will make an application for 2021-2022 for my final year of nursing program.

Its evil what they are doing to single parents who are trying to give their child a good future by getting a degree for a better prospect in life. I have a year to go and the nursing is a funded course anyways why is sfe paying tuition fees?

Thanks
Shaun SFE
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Sfe has stopped my upcoming payment in April 2021 infact on my online account my application for 2020-2021 status is not eligible.

I am appealing against this and have provided all the necessary documents for this. If my application is reinstated will I get Aprils payment and will the university get their tuition fees?

Also I will make an application for 2021-2022 for my final year of nursing program.

Its evil what they are doing to single parents who are trying to give their child a good future by getting a degree for a better prospect in life. I have a year to go and the nursing is a funded course anyways why is sfe paying tuition fees?

Thanks
Good Afternoon,

You would need to direct queries to the Customer Compliance team with regards to outcomes of the appeal process.

Warm Regards,

Shaun.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (65)
21.96%
Excited but a bit nervous (134)
45.27%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.16%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.61%

Watched Threads