Am i supposed to accept uni offers

Watch this thread
chznagam320
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Ive got 2 emails from unis that i already got an offer from, telling me to accept the offer. Am i supposed to? Even though i havent recieved all my offers and dont know where i want to go? Basically does accepting the offer effect my application to any other uni
_Jonneh_
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
If you're applying through UCAS, you must wait for all decisions before accepting any offers (and deciding on a Firm & Insurance Choice etc.)
sasha_thompson92
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I have 2 conditional offers and haven’t Hurd from my last 2, and I sent my application in beginning of December but for you I think it does affect the other choices however I’m pretty sure you could except it or something in ucas
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by chznagam320)
Ive got 2 emails from unis that i already got an offer from, telling me to accept the offer. Am i supposed to? Even though i havent recieved all my offers and dont know where i want to go? Basically does accepting the offer effect my application to any other uni
Was this for ucas applications?
Which universities was this? If they were encouraging you to accept the offers before the ucas deadline (in JUNE 2021) then they’re breaking the rules of their agreement with ucas.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
As above, you can't respond to any Unis until you have all your offers, and all Unis will send you 'marketing' emails trying to persuade you that their Uni is 'best'. Just ignore the emails.

You have months to make this decision. And fast decisions are rarely good decisions, so all the advice here on TSR will always be to WAIT. Lots and lots of good advice here : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...urance-choices
chznagam320
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)
Was this for ucas applications?
Which universities was this? If they were encouraging you to accept the offers before the ucas deadline (in JUNE 2021) then they’re breaking the rules of their agreement with ucas.
Its an email from anglia ruskin uni. Its an email from them with a button that says accept the offer. The other is from lincoln just saying how to go about accepting it
ageshallnot
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Its an email from anglia ruskin uni. Its an email from them with a button that says accept the offer
A screenshot would be useful.
McGinger
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
As application numbers are down this year, it may be that some Unis are already panicking.
However, UCAS does not allow 'pressure selling' - no 'presents', no 'special offers' etc for fast decisions
chznagam320
Rep:
(Original post by ageshallnot)
A screenshot would be useful.
I didnt even know you could post pictures on this 😂
Attached files
ageshallnot
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I didnt even know you could post pictures on this 😂
To me it's crass but not "telling" you to accept it.

I'd be interested to know whether PQ thinks it contravenes UCAS guidelines.
McGinger
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
It doesn't.
Thats actually a pretty normal post-offer email.
'Encouraging' but no strong-arm tactics.
chznagam320
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
It doesn't.
Thats actually a pretty normal post-offer email.
'Encouraging' but no strong-arm tactics.
So do i accept it or not 😂
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
So do i accept it or not 😂
You can only "accept" the offer once you've heard back from all your unis, and that's when you pick a firm and insurance. You can only do this on UCAS Track.
McGinger
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
1) You cant accept anything until you have all your offers/rejections. At that point, you will see on Track how to indicate you Firm and Insurance choice.
2) Even when you do have those decisions from the Universities, you do not have to make an immediate decision.
3) Please - read ALL of this before you ask any more questions https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/r...tions-answered
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (1)
50%
No (0)
0%
I didn't use it to prepare (1)
50%

Watched Threads