The Student Room Group

GCSEs and post A level applicants?

Hi guys,

I was just wondering how true it is that achieved A level grades effectively trump GCSEs? I was advised of this by my College - but that it may well not be the case for all - so I was wondering if there was any particular policy on this, or whether comparatively low GCSEs would be a significant disadvantage bearing in mind I already have my A level grades which exceed the entry requirements?

Thanks and have a happy holidays everyone :smile:
El
Original post by ElodiePaloma
Hi guys,

I was just wondering how true it is that achieved A level grades effectively trump GCSEs? I was advised of this by my College - but that it may well not be the case for all - so I was wondering if there was any particular policy on this, or whether comparatively low GCSEs would be a significant disadvantage bearing in mind I already have my A level grades which exceed the entry requirements?

Thanks and have a happy holidays everyone :smile:
El

A levels are more important than GCSEs. GCSEs might come in to consideration, along with a wider range of factors in very close decisions.
Original post by threeportdrift
A levels are more important than GCSEs. GCSEs might come in to consideration, along with a wider range of factors in very close decisions.

Okay, thank you - fingers crossed it isn't a very close decision!

Happy holidays if you celebrate :smile:
El

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending