hustlr
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
In my book it tells me for macro that Aggregate demand = National Output = National Income

How is that so ?
vidi2020
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Basically...
- An economy is made up of firms and households.
- Firms produce goods+services and these goods+services make up NATIONAL OUTPUT
- Households in a country provide the land, labour, and capital (the factors of production) that firms use to produce the national output.
-The money paid to the households by the firms for these factors of productions is called NATIONAL INCOME
-Households spend the money they get from the national income on goods and services- this is called NATIONAL EXPENDITURE

You have to think of this as a cycle therefore they would all be equal (at full employment)
NATIONAL OUTPUT = NATIONAL INCOME = NATIONAL EXPEDINTURE

Hope this makes sense
hustlr
Rep:
?
(Original post by vidi2020)
Basically...
- An economy is made up of firms and households.
- Firms produce goods+services and these goods+services make up NATIONAL OUTPUT
- Households in a country provide the land, labour, and capital (the factors of production) that firms use to produce the national output.
-The money paid to the households by the firms for these factors of productions is called NATIONAL INCOME
-Households spend the money they get from the national income on goods and services- this is called NATIONAL EXPENDITURE

You have to think of this as a cycle therefore they would all be equal (at full employment)
NATIONAL OUTPUT = NATIONAL INCOME = NATIONAL EXPEDINTURE

Hope this makes sense

Ohh ok that makes sense, so national expenditure is the same as AD? From what I understand AD is the demand for the factors of production, is that right?
vidi2020
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by hustlr)
Ohh ok that makes sense, so national expenditure is the same as AD? From what I understand AD is the demand for the factors of production, is that right?
umm I'm not quite sure how it fits in with AD as I haven't been taught macro properly yet at school. My previous reply is what my revision guide said and it did not mention anything about AD=N.E. so I'm not too sure about that. Hopefully, someone who understands replies to u if not ask your teacher! But I hope you understood the national output = national input part. BTW what board are you on?
hustlr
Rep:
?
umm I'm not quite sure how it fits in with AD as I haven't been taught macro properly yet at school. My previous reply is what my revision guide said and it did not mention anything about AD=N.E. so I'm not too sure about that. Hopefully, someone who understands replies to u if not ask your teacher! But I hope you understood the national output = national input part. BTW what board are you on?
I’m on AQA and yeah I understand national output=national income thankss
vidi2020
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by hustlr)
I’m on AQA and yeah I understand national output=national income thankss
Ahh ok, I'm on OCR.
That's good. I am more than happy to help you with micro. Macro isn't my strongest point tbh.
hustlr
Rep:
?
Ahh ok, I'm on OCR.
That's good. I am more than happy to help you with micro. Macro isn't my strongest point tbh.
Oh cool I’ll reach out if I need help thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.16%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.05%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed