beetroot roots
ouch, you betta hope for 4 A's

Definitely gonna try my hardest. :yep:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
Name: Sophie
Course (deferred?): Civil engineering (not deferred)
GCSEs/equivalent: 2 A*s, 5 As, 2 Bs
AS subjects + grades/equivalent: Art A, Thinking Skills B
Predicted/actual subjects + grades: Maths A, English A, Physics A, History B

OFFER!!: AAA plus all As in Maths
Reply 22
Lucy Pevensie
Name: Lucy Pevensie
Course: Mechanical Engineering with year abroad, Aeronautical Engineering with year abroad, Materials and Engineering Meng
GCSE: 12 A*
A2: Economics A Biology A
IB: Eng A1 SL 7 French A2 SL 7 History HL 7 Chemistry HL 6 Physics HL 7 Math HL 6 TOK+EE: 3

Wow, did you apply to Imperial 3 times?
Master Polhem
FFS standards are falling...!

Wow, long time no see... how's going?
Name: Dave
Course: Biomedical Science (BSc) not deferred
GCSE: 6A* 5A 1C (in Art :rolleyes: )
AS: Mathematics A, Chemistry A, Biology A and Physics A
A2: same subject as above, predicted AAAA
BMAT: 16.3
Decision: Conditional Offer AA in Chemistry and Biology, A in Maths or Physics
same sujects as i did :redface:
Reply 26
Name: Ben
Course (deferred?): Maths G100, deferred
GCSEs/equivalent: 6A*s, 5As 1B
AS subjects + grades/equivalent: Maths A, Further Maths, RE A, Politics A
A2 subjects + predicted/actual grades: Maths A, Further Maths A, Politics A (predicted)
Other grades (UKCAT/AEA/STEP etc): STEP 2, 3 pending

Application sent on 6th Oct
Recieved letter saying I would get offer on 29th oct
Track updated 28th said I needed AAA in Maths, FM and Politics
Reply 27
Name: Tom
Course : Physics with a year abroad
GCSEs/equivalent: 2A*, 8A, 2B, DiDA Merit/Credit
AS/equivalent subjects + grades: Physics A, Maths & Stats A, Chemistry B, Philosophy B, Gen Stud. A, Further Maths (taking whole A2 this year)
Predicted/actual subjects + grades: AAAB + Maths & Stats A2 -A already done

Offer! : AAA in Maths, Physics and one other.
Master Polhem
FFS standards are falling...!

I take it that your comment was aimed at me. I admit my grades may not be as fabulous as yours or the vast majority of the population at Imperial but just to make it clear that an A at Scottish AH is much harder to achieve than an A at A level.
Reply 29
Course: MEng Computing
GCSEs/equivalent: 1A*, 7A's, 3B's, 1C
AS/equivalent subjects + grades: Physics: A, Chemistry: A, Computing: A, AS Maths: B, A2 Maths: B (retaking, can do so much better than that in maths. Didn't prepare too well so doing all core's again in Jan..)
Predicted/actual subjects + grades: Predicted: Chemistry: A, Computing: A, Maths: A, Further Maths AS: A
Reply 30
Ammonia
I take it that your comment was aimed at me. I admit my grades may not be as fabulous as yours or the vast majority of the population at Imperial but just to make it clear that an A at Scottish AH is much harder to achieve than an A at A level.

Although I'm not an expert on Scottish highers (I am aware they're harder), I personally think your grades are quite good. And, of course, Imperial thinks so as well :wink:.
Ammonia

Your grades wont even scratch the surface of the Golden Halo that are my grades. Arrogant? Me? Yes.
xinolisss
Wow, long time no see... how's going?

Hi there, all is well and the hating is on top? Yourself, how are the unis going?
Master Polhem
Hi there, all is well and the hating is on top? Yourself, how are the unis going?

Well, good here too, great results in the end, and well reapplying this year to imperial as well, although I did get my Mech Eng offer last year I denied it and am reapplying for Chem Eng this year...

So you finally starting uni after your Year in Industry?
xinolisss
Well, good here too, great results in the end, and well reapplying this year to imperial as well, although I did get my Mech Eng offer last year I denied it and am reapplying for Chem Eng this year...

So you finally starting uni after your Year in Industry?

Great stuff! Where is your first choice then next year? Oxford, Cambridge, MIT? (can't remember which ones you applied to this year).

Yes Now I am off to this ********** should be great fun even though Imperial TSR users are rather fatalist beings I must admit.
Ammonia
Name: Ammonia
Course: Biochemistry (unconditional)
Standard Grades: 7 1s
Highers: AAAABBC
AHs: AAB

missed my offer in August, got rejected and suddenly received an email a few days ago asking me if I'd like to take up a place next year. :smile:

Heya, I remember you from the Imperial forum when we were applicants (Can't believe it's already time for others to apply :p: ). I'm glad to hear that you got in. :smile:
Master Polhem
Great stuff! Where is your first choice then next year? Oxford, Cambridge, MIT? (can't remember which ones you applied to this year).

Yes Now I am off to this ********** should be great fun even though Imperial TSR users are rather fatalist beings I must admit.

Well, I'd still have to see who wants to take me :p:

But yeah somewhere along those lines of Cambridge, MIT...
Name: Mary
Course (deferred?): Physics with Theoretical Physics
GCSEs/equivalent: N/A
AS/equivalent subjects + grades: Doing the IB
Predicted/actual subjects + grades: Predicted a 7 for maths, physics, chemistry, and English, predicted a 6 for history and French, and a 43 overall.
Other grades (UKCAT/AEA/STEP etc): None of the above. :smile:

Well, I sent off my application on 23 September, so now it's just a waiting game!
Swayum
Although I'm not an expert on Scottish highers (I am aware they're harder), I personally think your grades are quite good. And, of course, Imperial thinks so as well :wink:.

thanks Swayum. Even though I don't have a string of seemingly endless A's like pretty much everyone else at Imperial, I'm still fairly pleased with them. Anyway, good luck with your application - there's no way Imperial wouldn't accept you with such impressive grades :smile:

Original post by &#946
Heya, I remember you from the Imperial forum when we were applicants (Can't believe it's already time for others to apply :p: ). I'm glad to hear that you got in. :smile:

Hey I remember you too! Congrats on making the offer! :smile: Have you finished packing? I'm really not looking forward to going through the hassle of dropping out of my insurance uni and face an unplanned gap year, but I guess I really shouldn't complain since Imperial's giving me a place when I'm still 3% short of making my offer!
xinolisss
Well, I'd still have to see who wants to take me :p:

But yeah somewhere along those lines of Cambridge, MIT...

Sounds awesome, wish I had the cash to go to MIT that would be amazing, albeit Imperial will be kick ass to they have the OTC.

sent off apps. to MIT?

Latest

Trending

Trending