The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

CCJ
Argh, is there no way to swap? Or if I reject it thats it, I'm not getting reallocated?

The only way it would work is to swap with someone who wants to swap I think
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 5001
This is such a piss take. So it says twin ensuite, so thats 2 ensuite showers, or is it one?
Reply 5002
I think you gotta pay to swap? I dunno, take a read at the terms and conditions but accept your offer for now, anything's better than nothing.
Reply 5003
Fi0na.
I think you gotta pay to swap? I dunno, take a read at the terms and conditions but accept your offer for now, anything's better than nothing.

Yeah, what if I'm stuck with a thief? I come back at the end of the day to find all my **** has gone.

I think anything else is better than twin, that being single.
its only one bathroom i think between 2
CCJ
Yeah, what if I'm stuck with a thief? I come back at the end of the day to find all my **** has gone.

Apart from a triple
they cant really nick your stuff tho....cause they live with you so theyd have to hide it in the same room :s-smilie:
crazylemon
Oh dear. I am getting worried now.

exactly.... not many people getting what they want..
Sapphire Rose
exactly.... not many people getting what they want..

The only hope is that because lots of people havent got what they want we will
they say about 80% get one of their choices tho :s-smilie:
Reply 5010
Scottish_gurl
they cant really nick your stuff tho....cause they live with you so theyd have to hide it in the same room :s-smilie:

Yeah or they can steal it, sell it, and come back with a nice wager by the time I get back.

crazylemon
Apart from a triple

Yea thanks for that.
Reply 5011
CCJ

Aww, you never know, you may get along with them! Plus you only have one other person to share a bathroom with. So how far is it from the college itself? - I can't remember where you said your accommodation is..
CCJ
Yeah or they can steal it, sell it, and come back with a nice wager by the time I get back.

Yea thanks for that.

Look just saying it could be worse.

Plus I doubt the person you will be with will be a crook
Scottish_gurl
they say about 80% get one of their choices tho :s-smilie:

I think maybe this year we are not cheap enough :p: too many people wanted the ones close the campus and en suite!
Reply 5014
CCJ

Buy a safe? Get a lock for your computer? Lock stuff in your kitchen cupboard (this doesn't actually work in Beit, my key opened about half of all cupboards in my kitchen).

Don't bring anything valuable, if you do, keep it with you or bolt it to the floor :p:
im so scared about getting orient...its nice but soo far away :frown:
Sapphire Rose
I think maybe this year we are not cheap enough :p: too many people wanted the ones close the campus and en suite!

You would think there would be more people on buget with a recession....
But maybe more people have the grant plus the genrous Imperial bursary :dontknow:

Though I doubt many people went for the premium rooms in eastside at £210>/week
crazylemon
But maybe more people have the grant plus the genrous Imperial bursary

I get a grant, loan and bursary (which IC haven't contacted me about yet.hmmmm) but I still wanted the cheapest :p:

More money for year two :woo:

And CCJ, a twin room isn't that bad, considering you have an en suite. You might get someone who you get on with like a house on fire! Be open minded :smile:
Reply 5018
crazylemon
But maybe more people have the grant plus the genrous Imperial bursary :dontknow:

I haven't even heard from Student Finance about my grant yet.. :eek3:
Reply 5019
Fi0na.
I haven't even heard from Student Finance about my grant yet.. :eek3:

I haven't even heard about my loan :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending