The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1700
LadyJaneGrey
:console: Calm down...haha, I got all excited this morning about going to Imperial (mostly because Rory went to Yale in the episode of Gilmore Girls I just watched). I want it to be October already! :rolleyes:

I just hope I get the grades to go :sad:

I'm gonna have to cram all my excitement into the period after results if I get in :biggrin:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
I declined my offer from Imperial, it was the usual mathmo Imperial vs. Warwick and for me, Warwick won.
quantumphysicist91
The Indian system of education. I don't understand why Imperial doesn't accept it when Cambridge does.

BTW xinolisss, are you still deciding between Cambridge and UCB? What would you suggest between Cambridge and Cornell? It's for engineering as well.

Perhaps this is the wrong place to post this.

Well, I've taken Cambridge over Berkeley for many reasons...

1. Cheaper as an International at Cambridge... UC Berkeley even as a public uni is still twice as expensive as Cambridge.

2. Well, it is kind of closer to my current friends and well I can go to USA to do a PG anytime I suppose, and am planning in doing so... hence I chose Cambs.

However you might be in different situations to me... I don't really know Cornell so I can't comment on its faculty and stuff. However I'd personally give more kudos to Cambs, if I were an employer.
calicoeannecash
I declined my offer from Imperial, it was the usual mathmo Imperial vs. Warwick and for me, Warwick won.

That must feel amazing doesn't it?

I've been able to do that twice already!

Did it last year during my A2 year to the Mech Eng department

Did it this year during my gap year to the Chem Eng departent :biggrin:
Swayum
The GP thing is because they're medics and not allowed to have HIV and stuff.

Not strictly true. You're still allowed to study Medicine if you have HIV, you're just restricted in some of the things you can do.
Name:s-smilie:u-yang Klotz
Course (deferred?):Chemical Engineering, NO
GCSEs/equivalent: 8A* 3A 1B
AS/equivalent subjects + grades:Computing, Maths, Chemistry, Physics AAAA
Predicted/actual subjects + grades:AAA
Decision:Offer AAA As in all Maths modules
palacefc8

Congrats!
palacefc8

Yup, well done! Do you know if you'll be making Imperial your firm/insurance offer yet?
kathyop
hey cant you send a copy of your documentation, proving you qualify for home fee status, so they change their decision?

I dont know :erm: because i qualified for home status at bristol and UCL but not at soton:confused: i guess its my fault as i applied as an overseas student although hopefully none of this will matter as saudi give out scholarships easily.
Name: thespirit
Course: Civil Engineering H201
GCSEs/equivalent: (O-Level) SPM - 11A
AS subjects + grades/equivalent: Physics Math Economics ThinkingSkills.
A2 subjects + predicted/actual grades: Physics A, Economics A, Math A, FurtherMath A.
Other grades (UKCAT/AEA/STEP etc): -

Edit*
Decision: Firm; Conditional offer of AAA including Math & Physics. Grade A in all Math modules including Mechanics 1.

Got the offer on 1st Dec 2008.
Felt like I should update myself on this thread as well. Hence, the late post ever since the offer.
Hello, Imperial people (:

P/S: Any idea when will they ask us to apply for the accomodation at Imperial?
thespirit
A2 subjects + predicted/actual grades: Physics A, Economics A, Math A, FurtherMath A.

Edit*
Decision: Firm; Conditional offer of AAA including Math & Physics. Grade A in all Math modules including Mechanics 1.

Felt like I should update myself on this thread as well. Hence, the late post ever since the offer.

Sometime in May they'll send you an email i believe.
Reply 1711
fox_amro
I dont know :erm: because i qualified for home status at bristol and UCL but not at soton:confused: i guess its my fault as i applied as an overseas student although hopefully none of this will matter as saudi give out scholarships easily.

Did Imperial ask you to fill out a fee status questionnaire?
Reply 1712
I still didn't get a decision !!!!

I applied to the Electrical Engineering and didn't heard anything about decision for last 3-4 months.
xlist21
I still didn't get a decision !!!!

I applied to the Electrical Engineering and didn't heard anything about decision for last 3-4 months.

Calm Down..
I've not heard of anything for nearly half a year. The only thing I got from Imperial is that acknowledgement letter back in October.
:frown: :frown: :frown:
Don't know what happened.
Good luck
Good things will come to those who wait. :wink2:
Reply 1715
i'm still waiting too for maths ...
Tibbles168
Good things will come to those who wait. :wink2:

very true :biggrin:
It has been a while ago! But I guess I can proudly scream I will b an ''IMPERIALIST'' now after firming it today! :biggrin:
Meng Biomedical Engineering... woooohooooo put me DOUBLE GREEN
msd2008
i'm still waiting too for maths ...

Yeah, me too.
Which course you applied for?
I applied for the Applied Mathematics/Mathematical Physics.
thespirit

Edit*

Well done/welcome to the fold :woo: Yeah, as fox_amro said, they'll send an email/letter in May (or at least that's what's happened to people in past years).

sambucamania
It has been a while ago! But I guess I can proudly scream I will b an ''IMPERIALIST'' now after firming it today! :biggrin:
Meng Biomedical Engineering... woooohooooo put me DOUBLE GREEN

Well done!!! Could you possibly edit you post to show the conditions of your offer? It'll be helpful for people applying next year, thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending