LayomiO
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hey,

So throughout sixth form, I haven't really been the best with keeping up with my revision. However, I did improve drastically in year 13. Now my problem is revision for my mocks in January. I have my Year 13 content down, but I have basically forgotten more than half of my year 12 content. I don't know how I am supposed to revise all of the year 12 content without ignoring the topics for Year 13 in a month.

Does anyone have any advice?
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
don't put too much pressure on yourself to do amazingly in mocks, just try and do the best you can. have your teachers told you what will be covered on the mocks? if you've most of the year 13 content down and it's fresh in your memory perhaps most of your revision during the holidays can be covering the year 12 content. it's good you've improved though in year 13, that's a positive sign :yep:
practice papers are good for identifying the gaps in your knowledge.
obviously don't completely ignore the year 13 topics but do them less if you've covered them already in revision.
LayomiO
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
don't put too much pressure on yourself to do amazingly in mocks, just try and do the best you can. have your teachers told you what will be covered on the mocks? if you've most of the year 13 content down and it's fresh in your memory perhaps most of your revision during the holidays can be covering the year 12 content. it's good you've improved though in year 13, that's a positive sign :yep:
practice papers are good for identifying the gaps in your knowledge.
obviously don't completely ignore the year 13 topics but do them less if you've covered them already in revision.
how do i use past papers to find those gaps
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by LayomiO)
how do i use past papers to find those gaps
so attempt them without doing any prior revision, then mark them and make a note of the questions you didn't get right and the topic they come under. then revise these topics and attempt more papers.
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by LayomiO)
Hey,

So throughout sixth form, I haven't really been the best with keeping up with my revision. However, I did improve drastically in year 13. Now my problem is revision for my mocks in January. I have my Year 13 content down, but I have basically forgotten more than half of my year 12 content. I don't know how I am supposed to revise all of the year 12 content without ignoring the topics for Year 13 in a month.

Does anyone have any advice?
Ummm, i would just do an AS paper without doing any prior revision of year 12 content. Mark it and see wer u lost marks. That way u can focus on those specific areas rather than all the AS content thus allowing u to use some time to revise year 13 content as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed