The Student Room Group

MSc in Developmental Psychology and Psychopathology (King's College London)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mimsvj33
Hi all,

I applied in March.. and haven't heard anything.. anyone else in the same boat? I wasn't sure how long they take off for Easter or when to expect a reply but it is 1 month this week since I sent the app.

Hey there, I've also applied in March but haven't heard anything from them yet...have you gotten any news?
Original post by kyustuff
Hey there, I've also applied in March but haven't heard anything from them yet...have you gotten any news?

They said originally to me I would know by May then now they have said June. I think they are also waiting to see who rejects their offers as well as just having a lot of applications.
Reply 22
Does anyone know or think what the msc timetable will be like? Like how many days would uni be on for - although of course this varies between courses. But just as an estimate. I have accepted my offer but I have no idea what the timetable would be like
Reply 23
Hi, if anyone sees this, is there a guideline on what needs to be included on the personal statement for this course? For example some universities give you points on what you MUST cover like why you want to study this course at this uni. So, King's doesn't have that for this course?
Reply 24
You will get an offer within a 2 months. They respond fast and with your grade/ experience they’ll take you. I got 68% in bachelors and 1 year of clinical experience
Reply 25
Anyone know when the course got full by in the last application cycle?
Reply 26
Original post by ann0808
Does anyone know or think what the msc timetable will be like? Like how many days would uni be on for - although of course this varies between courses. But just as an estimate. I have accepted my offer but I have no idea what the timetable would be like
Hey! IK this post was made 2 years ago but still can you tell me more about the course?? And like how was the placement and what jobs did you get later??
Original post by University of Bath Postgraduate
Hey @hsushi2020 !
I'm a current Masters student on the Applied Clinical Psychology course at Bath so I thought I'd share my opinions to hopefully help with your decision!
In terms of ranking, Bath is ranked at 4th or above for psychology in a number of reputable university ranking websites, such as the Complete University Guide and the Guardian. Here's a link to the Guardian rankings: https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2019/jun/07/university-guide-2020-league-table-for-psychology. It's definitely really important to look at rankings for the specific subject as Bath is known for being a fantastic university for psychology in particular.
Though Bath is ranked very highly, I personally think when choosing a Masters degree it's so so important to prioritise what you're interested in. You'll be studying this for a year and Masters courses tend to be quite focussed so definitely make sure you like the modules on offer and you think you'll enjoy studying them.
While Bath doesn't have a placement option during the Masters, everyone I know on the course works part-time in clinical settings, so there is plenty of options to still get experience. For instance, I work part-time as an Assistant Psychologist in an autism diagnostic service, so the lack of placement definitely doesn't mean you can't get direct clinical experience!
Happy to answer any questions you might have about the course itself or student life at Bath more generally :smile:
Meg
Msc Applied Clinical Psychology

Hello .did you have a bps accredited bachelors degree? Asking, because I have heard one cannot practice even as a trainee in uk without a GBC membership and the clinical psychology degree does not have bps accreditions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending