Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just got a phone call from Natwest to tell me my card is now in branch ready to be collected...from the University of Kent branch. I'm almost certain I chose the High Street branch when I opened the account online, because as a lot of you probably know, I'm at CCCU.
    Anyway, any chance someone could give me a link to the campus map and explain roughly where the bank is? If anyone has found it yet in their explorations.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    The way I know to get there is to walk out of the front of eliot and walk straight ahead until you get to the banks. There should be loads of signs up pointing to eliot if you can't find it.

Here's a map too... http://www.kent.ac.uk/maps/canterbury/downloads.html

BTW, I had the same situation, I called natwest and they said I could pick up my card at the uni branch, but when I went they said they didn't have it and that it was probably at the main branch. And when I went to the main branch they said there's a hold up with new cards because someone sent them to the wrong place or something. I have to wait till the end of the week apparently It's a bit annoying because I don't want to change my bank details on the student finance site until I know I'll be able to access my money. Hopefully it will be sorted out by monday.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, is there HSBC bank in the campus itself?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Missy! Found the banks on the map, I know exactly how to get there by road, surprised I've never noticed them the many times I've driven past before.
    Sounds like they've made a bit of **** up with the cards then, hope mine is still there. I've already changed my details, luckily I got paid yesterday and it went into my other account so I won't be short on money.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard nothing at all from Natwest If there is a backlog is that maybe why I've had nothing from them?

ReputationRep:
    ******* Natwest. *mumbles about refused overdraft facility*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spitz)
    Just wondering, is there HSBC bank in the campus itself?
    Nope, only Natwest and Barclays.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers Kim! If only i got Natwest/Barclay card ><

ReputationRep:
    I never got round to going today, but will do tomorrow. Just another quick question, is there parking by the bank? Or would it be OK just to park at the side of the road, put the hazards on for a few mins whilst I go in to collect my card?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    There's no parking there. I don't think you'd get away with that to be honest. I was in there 20 mins or so when I went; the queue was quite long and they were looking for my card for quite a while.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, how far is the main car park from there? It's pay and display isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    It's kind of in the middle of the main street. There could be a side road to park in I suppose. Not sure which one is the main car park... I've seen 2 and they're within reasonable walking distance (IMO) but not if you're trying to do it super quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I'll just drive down there and have a look, should be somewhere to park where I'm not obstructing, I've seen people park in terrible places.
    Thanks for your help.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.