The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

khil
KFC - I love KFC! I opt for bowling still lol - I can't bowl either, but at least I can sit with a bowl of chips and laugh and chat, whereas with ice-skating I'd just be standing on my own trying to skate and failing, watching other people skate.

Sooo, I opt for bowling :yep: The pub diner at the Superbowl by Showcase does very tasty burgers and chips :biggrin: (I'll come if it's skating anyway though lol)

I was at AMF which is near the Ice Centre the other day with my mates which was what I was thinking of but I'd be fine with going to Megabowl even though I've not been down that way before by foot.There's a Harry Ramsden's on the same site as the Megabowl , their food is delicious indeed.I was also thinking of Big Wok if you were thinking of going into the city centre as I just love Chinese food :biggrin:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 121
conroe-killed-the-k8-star
I was at AMF which is near the Ice Centre the other day with my mates which was what I was thinking of but I'd be fine with going to Megabowl even though I've not been down that way before by foot.There's a Harry Ramsden's on the same site as the Megabowl , their food is delicious indeed.I was also thinking of Big Wok if you were thinking of going into the city centre as I just love Chinese food :biggrin:

Where's the Megabowl? :biggrin: If it's fairly easy to get to (bus or walkable) I'll be happy with that! I think the one I mentioned is actually called Tenpin and not Superbowl lol.

I've never yet been to the Wok but I hear it's quite good. I'll ask my Chinese friend if she knows of any good Chinese restaurants. I'm Chinese but ironically I don't know much about Chinese food lol! :shifty: :biggrin:
Reply 122
There's a good Chinese restaurant in Beeston. If you're walking from BGP/Uni, it'll be on the right as you walk into Beeston, fairly close to the laundrette/Club Cut. It's pretty cheap too!
By the way, i had a Chinese delivery from Ho Lok last night, it was really good! Much better than Hong Kong House, felt lighter and less stodgy! And it was a cheaper! Not sure where it's based but I'm sure they deliver to most halls :smile:
Reply 124
khil
Where's the Megabowl? :biggrin: If it's fairly easy to get to (bus or walkable) I'll be happy with that! I think the one I mentioned is actually called Tenpin and not Superbowl lol.

I've never yet been to the Wok but I hear it's quite good. I'll ask my Chinese friend if she knows of any good Chinese restaurants. I'm Chinese but ironically I don't know much about Chinese food lol! :shifty: :biggrin:

Tenpin used to be called Megabowl... dunno if that helps at all
lol dam i thot i didnt like clubbing but i went yesterday and it was amazing.....i dunno how you guys could hate it!
I'm not entirely certain why many peoples opinions of chocolate-spread and cheese sandwiches are different to mine...I have a feeling the word "subjective" may be relevant?
(And seriously do try those sandwiches; they are amazing):yep:
nottinghameconomist
lol dam i thot i didnt like clubbing but i went yesterday and it was amazing.....i dunno how you guys could hate it!

Well I like clubbing lol, I just dont do it every night - it can be pretty fun when you're with a load of people you know!

Did you do the 7 legged?
Reply 128
I like clubbing, I just don't know anyone who goes and I don't drink huge amounts while there. :p: Maybe if some of our geek group go clubbing too I could tag along with you guys.
Reply 129
DominF
I like clubbing, I just don't know anyone who goes and I don't drink huge amounts while there. :p: Maybe if some of our geek group go clubbing too I could tag along with you guys.

Yes.

...this weekend?
Reply 130
Abbbie
Yes.

...this weekend?

Sure, why not. :biggrin:
Wooo! :biggrin:
id come if some girls are coming. traffic light tonight anyone?
Reply 133
DominF

Ooh you do Neuroscience! - Are you gonna become a Neurosurgeon? :biggrin:

Sorry couldn't resist asking - I'm not doing Neurosci anymore but I did do one year of it and EVERYONE asked me that question :shifty: (I've switched course since - really not a scientist at heart lol - now I just get asked if I draw in my degree... :shifty: )
Reply 134
khil
Ooh you do Neuroscience! - Are you gonna become a Neurosurgeon? :biggrin:

Sorry couldn't resist asking - I'm not doing Neurosci anymore but I did do one year of it and EVERYONE asked me that question :shifty: (I've switched course since - really not a scientist at heart lol - now I just get asked if I draw in my degree... :shifty: )

The thing is Neuroscience doesn't prepare you to perform surgery on the brain. :P But you're actually the first person who's asked me that... Way to continue the cycle.
Reply 135
DominF
The thing is Neuroscience doesn't prepare you to perform surgery on the brain. :P But you're actually the first person who's asked me that... Way to continue the cycle.

Hehe give it a few more weeks - you'll get the same question. Yeh, most people have no idea that you actually need Medicine to become a Neurosurgeon :nah:

How's the Neuroscience then? I only remember Peter Wigmore and Geoff Bennett :biggrin: and a couple of lecturers from compulsory lectures :biggrin: Peter Wigmore is so lovely - I still feel a tad guilty for not working in Neuroscience. He was my personal tutor :smile: And when I studied it, we had the coolest secretary - Amber, she was brilliant. She'd personally offer you help and she ended emails with smiley faces - she was so chilled! Then she left :frown:
Reply 136

Heh, neuroscience seems pretty interesting. I think I can do a module in neurobiology next year..
Do you (Mr Neuroscientist) do the Phys Pharm module?
Reply 137
MELONS! (thread-bumping)

What happened to the next meet-up idea? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending