The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Is Southampton nightlife good?

Im considering Southampton as my top choice for business management and Spanish however I want to know if the nightlife is good and if there is a good atmosphere or will I be bored??
Reply 1
Original post by Val2222
Im considering Southampton as my top choice for business management and Spanish however I want to know if the nightlife is good and if there is a good atmosphere or will I be bored??

Nightlife in southampton is good, feels like a very student friendly area, have u visited? you should try to visit so you can get a good feel for the atmosphere
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Val2222

Hi @Val2222

Obviously at the moment things are a bit different but in normal times I can confidently say that the nightlife in Southampton is great and you should never be bored. There's lots to do in Southampton, both in the city centre and closer to campus. What sort of things do you find fun and what do you think makes a good atmosphere?

There are a bunch of different clubs around Southampton with different vibes and music and people so there should be something up your alley. Usually different societies and course reps plan lots of socials out to the local pubs and clubs and they often try to make each night a bit unique and super fun for everyone involved. Are there any societies that you are considering joining? A lot of societies have reps on facebook and other social media and they share stories of nights out quite a lot if you want to see what it's like.

But there's also a lot to do on campus. There's a pub that hosts different events and a very popular one is karaoke every week. There's a quiz on every week the restaurant/cafe and often live music.

Like @Ria185 said, it's a super student friendly area as there's also the Solent university in the area too. And a great thing about Southampton uni is the night bus that runs later than the usually buses and if you've run out of money you can give them your student ID in exchange for a ride which you can collect the following day when you've had a chance to get money so you're never left stranded.

Megan
4th year physics student
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending