Report 8 months ago
Favourite brain scanning technique?
Mo0nBunny
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by username11235813)
What's your favourite nail polish colour?
Spoiler:
Show
Mine is dark red.
Black and pastel colours:3
Mo0nBunny
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
B- brain what 😭
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
f-MRI, closely followed by PET.
The Weeknd.
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Mo0nBunny)
B- brain what 😭
Brain scanning technique :dance:

(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
f-MRI, closely followed by PET.
fMRI's too! :five: but they have really bad temporal resolution compared to other neuroimaging techniques, because there's a 5 second time lag between the image and firing of neurons so you don't actually know what's being represented on the screen. My second favourite are EEG's because they're used in epilepsy and diagnosis of sleep disorders (but they're not as good because it doenst allow you to examine the deeper parts of your brain like your brain stem. Unless its invasive but that sounds way too complicated :lol:)
Mo0nBunny
Rep:
?

fMRI's too! :five: but they have really bad temporal resolution compared to other neuroimaging techniques, because there's a 5 second time lag between the image and firing of neurons so you don't actually know what's being represented on the screen. My second favourite are EEG's because they're used in epilepsy and diagnosis of sleep disorders (but they're not as good because it doenst allow you to examine the deeper parts of your brain like your brain stem. Unless its invasive but that sounds way too complicated :lol:)
Idk I’d this will sound stupid but what’s brain scanning techniques....😅
The Weeknd.
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Mo0nBunny)
Idk if this will sound stupid but what’s brain scanning techniques....😅
Have a look at this, it's so interesting!! https://psychcentral.com/lib/types-o...g-techniques#1
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago

PETs are cool too, have you seen one? They show you all the different metastatic hotspots of cancers which have spread around the body (the cancer is not cool but the image is).
Mo0nBunny
Rep:
?
Have a look at this, it's so interesting!! https://psychcentral.com/lib/types-o...g-techniques#1
Thank you :bunny:
The Weeknd.
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
PETs are cool too, have you seen one? They show you all the different metastatic hotspots of cancers which have spread around the body (the cancer is not cool but the image is).
OMG YES THEY'RE SO COOL! I haven't seen the actual PET machine, just the scans results but it's still fun to analyse :emo:
(I was actually doing some research about how they're used for prostate cancer the other day, for interviews *wink wink nudge nudge*)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.2%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (19)
15.97%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (21)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (15)
12.61%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (37)
31.09%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (22)
18.49%

Watched Threads