Tregi11
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi guys I’m debating between a PWC sponsored course in Nottingham and Accounting and finance course at Warwick. See the thing is Warwick is a Investment banker target uni.So if I do the PWC course,I can’t get into to IB but it creates a good path for Audit in Big 4.
It’s tough , can someone help me decide.
Course requirements for both is AAB for me and I’m predicted A*ABB and I have already achieved the A*.
anonuser99
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If you go with PwC Notts, you'll probably be able to eventually get into IB but first you will need to get your ACA (3 years minimum), then transfer from audit to transaction services or corporate finance within PwC then lateral to an investment bank. This could take some time, depending on how soon you can transfer to TaS or CF or how soon you get your ACA. It's also not guaranteed that you be able to transfer to the investment bank, but it's a common route.

With Warwick, you run the risk of altogether not getting into investment banking. Now I think that's very unlikely if you're determined, persistent and intentional from the beginning, but it's still not guaranteed. I think it's even more unlikely that you won't be able to get an adjacent industry if not IB (S&T, ER, corp banking etc.) and move later.

Ultimately it depends on your risk tolerance. Although all you're really doing with PwC is kicking the can (risk) down the road and earning a little money when you do it (not sure if they pay you or just pay the fees). With regards to the extra student debt if you go to Warwick, my opinion is, at the end of the day it's a drop in the pond if you want IB. If you break into IB simply pay it off ASAP and carry on with your life. Some people will tell you to not pay more than necessary on student debt but that's untrue if you start on a salary of >40k and expect to at least double that salary by 50, which you absolutely will in IB and beyond. But that's another issue.

Personally, I'd go with Warwick. Just because of how mind bogglingly boring I think audit is.
nb2008
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Tregi11)
Hi guys I’m debating between a PWC sponsored course in Nottingham and Accounting and finance course at Warwick. See the thing is Warwick is a Investment banker target uni.So if I do the PWC course,I can’t get into to IB but it creates a good path for Audit in Big 4.
It’s tough , can someone help me decide.
Course requirements for both is AAB for me and I’m predicted A*ABB and I have already achieved the A*.
hey so im a 3rd yr warwick doing a&f but i got in to the ac for pwc for notts, i wouldve taken notts if i didnt get rejected..degree apprenticeship is highly respected and YOU CAN get in to ib with it.. i have a friend who did ib summer internship during their pwc degree apprenticeship at reading uni n most likely will go in to venture capital after doing ACA
nb2008
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by nb2008)
hey so im a 3rd yr warwick doing a&f but i got in to the ac for pwc for notts, i wouldve taken notts if i didnt get rejected..degree apprenticeship is highly respected and YOU CAN get in to ib with it.. i have a friend who did ib summer internship during their pwc degree apprenticeship at reading uni n most likely will go in to venture capital after doing ACA
plus they pay for your accom when u do ur placements and u get a lot of exposure in the company!!!! u can still have fun at a good uni but work n make like 8-9k a year so like 27k at end of 4 yrs as u do one term of placement in y2-y4..all in all i think the degree apprenticeship is a v rare opportunity and youll get that head start & in warwick its just way too competitive (ib firms will have a handful of warwick students to pick from)
Last edited by nb2008; 5 months ago
Tregi11
Rep:
?
Hi thanks for responding to my thread
May I ask if they gave you a reason for your rejection and how did you find the assessment centre and interview processes.
I also applied to Reading flying start. What do you think about that one as Reading Uni itself is not as highly regarded as Nottingham and Warwick.
nb2008
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Tregi11)
Hi thanks for responding to my thread
May I ask if they gave you a reason for your rejection and how did you find the assessment centre and interview processes.
I also applied to Reading flying start. What do you think about that one as Reading Uni itself is not as highly regarded as Nottingham and Warwick.
no worries, so i got rejected as i didnt speak during the AC at all as i got very nervous altho i am v confident person, it was my first ever experience
the interview which was all competency based i did ok in, id advise u to defo prepare for behaviour questions, why pwc, global accumen n all of that if u get to that stage
Reading uni isnt highly regarded as much as notts or warwick simply bc it isnt a russel group uni. But it is acc decent as it has that icma centre and its located in reading which is an investment hub. i have family who life in reading n i can tell u for sure its a much more attractive place than notts n coventry as its just on the outskirts of ldn. plus u will be enrolled in to a unique course thats hard to get in to so IMO u wont be at a disadvantage to warwick students n notts bc of the course
Last edited by nb2008; 5 months ago
Tregi11
Rep:
?
no worries, so i got rejected as i didnt speak during the AC at all as i got very nervous altho i am v confident person, it was my first ever experience
the interview which was all competency based i did ok in, id advise u to defo prepare for behaviour questions, why pwc, global accumen n all of that if u get to that stage
Reading uni isnt highly regarded as much as notts or warwick simply bc it isnt a russel group uni. But it is acc decent as it has that icma centre and its located in reading which is an investment hub. i have family who life in reading n i can tell u for sure its a much more attractive place than notts n coventry as its just on the outskirts of ldn. plus u will be enrolled in to a unique course thats hard to get in to so IMO u wont be at a disadvantage to warwick students n notts bc of the course
How do you think I should revise for the tests and Assessment Centre because I can’t seem to any relevant information online.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (145)
42.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.8%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.24%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.03%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.9%

Watched Threads