Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are they offering internships in S&T? On their website it seems to be all retail stuff?

Yes. But you don't really want to go there.

ReputationRep:
    i was going to ask something about HSBC the the other day, i can't remember. it might've been that they weren't showing any internships, mm. I'll give it a while, see if they turn up at the fairs.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your responses, and Benjamin, one has to cover their bases.

ReputationRep:
    google: hsbc net

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    Yes. But you don't really want to go there.
    In all fairness though there aren't that many Banks anymore (!) and the ones that are still alive aren't really recruiting, so even though HSBC may not be in the best position now or have the best reputation, firstly it's a job, and secondly the rankings may completely change within a few years or so. If HSBC's bright, they'll be capitalising on all the talent available now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love2learn)
    In all fairness though there aren't that many Banks anymore (!) and the ones that are still alive aren't really recruiting, so even though HSBC may not be in the best position now or have the best reputation, firstly it's a job, and secondly the rankings may completely change within a few years or so. If HSBC's bright, they'll be capitalising on all the talent available now.
    But they are not.

Also, I severely doubt that HSBC will change in the rankings, unless, of course, its downwards, or more likely, because some other bank goes *poof*!

ReputationRep:
    HSBC london analyst internships that show up:

Analyst - Intern - Compliance - EMEA - London
    Analyst - Intern - Finance - EMEA - London
    Analyst - Intern - Global Banking Advisory - EMEA - London
    Analyst - Intern - Global Banking Client Management - EMEA - London
    Analyst - Intern - Global Research - EMEA - London
    Analyst - Intern - Operations - EMEA - London
    hmm. looks like i'll have to apply to hong kong. that'll broaden my horizons.

ReputationRep:
    do you need another language to apply to hong kong,
    I only speak english, do you need to know mandarin, cantonese?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slotcars12)
    do you need another language to apply to hong kong,
    I only speak english, do you need to know mandarin, cantonese?
    thats is definitely a plus but is not required i think...

ReputationRep:
    ...but having an exceptional reason as to why you want to work particulary in Hong Kong is.

Crappy bonuses and dodgy grad programme structure being another disincentive.

ReputationRep:
    RBS still has their grad link up, have no idea if they are recruiting or not...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aBtJbUvMKdXM

**** article.

ReputationRep:
    I think the mention of Lloyds implies that the guy was either joking, being sarcastic or...

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7637071.stm

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.