Turn on thread page Beta

Favourite Dark Knight quote? watch

ReputationRep:
    I’m normally not a fan of movie quotes but after seeing The Dark Knight for the umpteenth time, I cannot believe how many classic lines there are! Anyone got a favourite?

ReputationRep:
    Everything that the Joker says.

ReputationRep:
    TA DAAAAAA!!!!!!!

easily the best line in the movie

ReputationRep:
    The final sequence in the film had a great bit of dialogue from Gordon:

"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...The Dark Knight."

That, combined with the imagery and superb soundtrack makes me hairs stand on end every time. I love it.

ReputationRep:
    "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become a villain"

OR

"-Will you be wanting the Batpod sir?
    -Middle of the day, Alfred? Not very subtle.
    -The Lamborghini then. Much more subtle..."

So far - best movie of the year

ReputationRep:
    Favorite Scene:

Gambol: [to The Joker] Give me one reason why I shouldn't have my boy here pull your head off.
    The Joker: How about a magic trick?
    [pulls out a pencil and sticks it upright into the table]
    The Joker: I'm gonna make this pencil disappear.
    [Gambol's thug walks over to kill The Joker, who slams his face into the pencil and kills him]
    The Joker: Ta-daa! It's... it's gone.

Favorite quote:
    The Joker: You just couldn't let me go could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You truly are incorruptible aren't you? You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness, and I won't kill you, because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma_08)
    Everything that the Joker says.
    :ditto: also, I really loved this film but it's so getting over-hyped that I'm starting to dislike it. I could never get bored of the Joker gifs though.

ReputationRep:
    Why so serious

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah..basically everything The Joker says

ReputationRep:
    I liked the bit when Batman said something along the lines of: "What are you trying to prove? That deep down, people are just like you?" during the fight and the two boats scene. That bit just struck me, as in real life people would have actually blown each other up...

I've not heard anyone else ever mention that bit... The reason I personally like-and-dislike this film is because it stirred the inner, unstable psychopath within me. Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed the credits.

ReputationRep:
    "Hi".

(When Joker is dressed as a nurse and takes his surgical mask off to talk casually to Dent)

Amazing how such a simple word can be one of the greatest lines in the entire movie.

ReputationRep:
    the pencil disappear bit

ReputationRep:
    DANANANANANANA BATMAAAAN!!

I wish :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey Hepburn)

:wtf?:

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    "I just want my phone call"

EPIC!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by EducatingBrogan)
    "Hi".

(When Joker is dressed as a nurse and takes his surgical mask off to talk casually to Dent)

Amazing how such a simple word can be one of the greatest lines in the entire movie.
    Lmao that was great :ninja:

I still like 'Why so serious?' :eek:

ReputationRep:
    mine's not a quote sorry, but this scene i just really was amazed by. i'm not sure why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey Hepburn)

rofl!

ReputationRep:
    If there's one wish for a line that ought to have been in the movie, this is it:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.