Does anyone know roughly how many marks this would be worth for English language GCSE

Watch
elliehollandx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
'Describe life as you imagine it in 200 years time'

When I think of Jane, I think of happiness. She was the image of a lot of things: beauty, intelligence, kindness. Mostly she just radiated joy – pure unadulterated joy. The way she grew blush red as the hint of a compliment contrasting her usual pale complexion. Or the genuine smile she constantly wore as her ocean-blue eyes sparkled with constant ecstasy. You couldn’t help but fall in love with Jane. At least, I knew I couldn’t.
I mostly remember the way she made me feel; the way the swarm in my stomach grew each time she looked at me with the most peaceful of expressions as if crafted especially for me. I remember the way her lips tasted against mine or the way her delicate hands felt in my tousled locks. I remember the time we spent surrounded by spring flowers as we dreamt of the future together we knew we could never have. But how happy I was the whole time stands out most in my memory. Her sheer presence alone was enough to ignite a soul.
The local baker would always ask what ‘us two girls were up to today’ and we would pretend to dream about boys around others. That’s how people knew us – the two best friends living the last few months of our childhood as we dreamt of husbands and happy families. Best friends in the minds of so many, but we were so much more. We were loving words behind closed doors and tender kisses as we dreaded our upcoming futures. We never told the villagers the way the boys we claimed to dream of left us feeling so indifferent. I mean, why would we? We always knew that what we had created with each other was wrong and we certainly didn’t other people telling us. It always was, and always will be, our little secret.
The last night we spent together will always stay in my memory. We lay on our backs, inches of space between us, as we gazed at the stars in the meadow where we dreamt of a life neither of us could ever live as the dew-drenched grass soaked through the thick material of our gowns. It was the first time she told me she loves me, albeit the last as well. The space between us evaporated as I tried to retain the feel of her body underneath my fingers and burn the memory into my brain. As we walked back through the forest the metallic band on her finger to delicately interlaced with mine acted as a cold, harsh reminder of this being a goodbye.
The next day, 2nd June 1820 to be exact, confetti rained down upon Jane and her new husband. I can’t help but feel my heart shatter silently in my chest as he claims to love a woman he’ll never truly know. I think n some other world, Jane and I could have existed as we were. Our parents would have cheered the way they did today or the way they’re bound to when I wed in the upcoming months. We’d be surrounded by joy and true love in the eternal promise of forever.
I don’t know what life will be like in 200 years. But I know as a silent tear falls down the usual joyous face of the woman I love as I look at her for the last time that if I could wish for anything, it would be that. For people like us to live without shame. Maybe one day, people like us will be able to live the life we could only ever dream of. It seems like a nice world to be a part of.
MariannaGrace
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by elliehollandx)
'Describe life as you imagine it in 200 years time'

When I think of Jane, I think of happiness. She was the image of a lot of things: beauty, intelligence, kindness. Mostly she just radiated joy – pure unadulterated joy. The way she grew blush red as the hint of a compliment contrasting her usual pale complexion. Or the genuine smile she constantly wore as her ocean-blue eyes sparkled with constant ecstasy. You couldn’t help but fall in love with Jane. At least, I knew I couldn’t.
I mostly remember the way she made me feel; the way the swarm in my stomach grew each time she looked at me with the most peaceful of expressions as if crafted especially for me. I remember the way her lips tasted against mine or the way her delicate hands felt in my tousled locks. I remember the time we spent surrounded by spring flowers as we dreamt of the future together we knew we could never have. But how happy I was the whole time stands out most in my memory. Her sheer presence alone was enough to ignite a soul.
The local baker would always ask what ‘us two girls were up to today’ and we would pretend to dream about boys around others. That’s how people knew us – the two best friends living the last few months of our childhood as we dreamt of husbands and happy families. Best friends in the minds of so many, but we were so much more. We were loving words behind closed doors and tender kisses as we dreaded our upcoming futures. We never told the villagers the way the boys we claimed to dream of left us feeling so indifferent. I mean, why would we? We always knew that what we had created with each other was wrong and we certainly didn’t other people telling us. It always was, and always will be, our little secret.
The last night we spent together will always stay in my memory. We lay on our backs, inches of space between us, as we gazed at the stars in the meadow where we dreamt of a life neither of us could ever live as the dew-drenched grass soaked through the thick material of our gowns. It was the first time she told me she loves me, albeit the last as well. The space between us evaporated as I tried to retain the feel of her body underneath my fingers and burn the memory into my brain. As we walked back through the forest the metallic band on her finger to delicately interlaced with mine acted as a cold, harsh reminder of this being a goodbye.
The next day, 2nd June 1820 to be exact, confetti rained down upon Jane and her new husband. I can’t help but feel my heart shatter silently in my chest as he claims to love a woman he’ll never truly know. I think n some other world, Jane and I could have existed as we were. Our parents would have cheered the way they did today or the way they’re bound to when I wed in the upcoming months. We’d be surrounded by joy and true love in the eternal promise of forever.
I don’t know what life will be like in 200 years. But I know as a silent tear falls down the usual joyous face of the woman I love as I look at her for the last time that if I could wish for anything, it would be that. For people like us to live without shame. Maybe one day, people like us will be able to live the life we could only ever dream of. It seems like a nice world to be a part of.
This has nothing to do with the requirements. Make sure you actually follow what you are told to write about
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Use your notes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (87)
39.01%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
6.73%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (53)
23.77%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
12.11%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.17%

Watched Threads