BTSARMYF.F
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Is there a simple way to study biology?
Biology is really hard.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
Diagrams.
username5457326
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
use past exam questions
028CONWOCH01
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by BTSARMYF.F)
Biology is really hard.
I learned by drawing posters and discussing concepts with friends.
username5524572
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Flash cards ( I make them wayyyy to detailed which I regrets afterwards but then realise I could sell them when I’m done ✔️)
Roses.Are.Red
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Biology is really hard.
I do exam questions and look, cover, write, check(I know, it's not the most sophisticated method, but it works for me)
AlooCurry
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Biology is really hard.
No lesson should be the first time you learn something. Pre-reading is key.
Use your specification as the best tool to guide your revision, tailor your notes around each spec point. Biology has a lot of application questions and interlinked topics, take note of areas which you see repeat in different topics eg proteins (have a whole page of notes on everything about proteins from AS and A2 )
Have a glossary sheet per subject area (precise key terminology is essential)
Good luck, before anything make sure you understand the topic , watch the amoeba sisters or crash course or simple animations on youtube to fully understand key concepts
BTSARMYF.F
Rep:
(Original post by Mercihehehe)
Flash cards ( I make them wayyyy to detailed which I regrets afterwards but then realise I could sell them when I’m done ✔️)
Sell them really where can you sell flashcards and how much sorry I never heard of something like that before just curious.
username5524572
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by AlooCurry)
No lesson should be the first time you learn something. Pre-reading is key.
Use your specification as the best tool to guide your revision, tailor your notes around each spec point. Biology has a lot of application questions and interlinked topics, take note of areas which you see repeat in different topics eg proteins (have a whole page of notes on everything about proteins from AS and A2 )
Have a glossary sheet per subject area (precise key terminology is essential)
Good luck, before anything make sure you understand the topic , watch the amoeba sisters or crash course or simple animations on youtube to fully understand key concepts
Omg it’s the person who replies to their own comments helloooo 👋🏻
username5524572
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Sell them really where can you sell flashcards and how much sorry I never heard of something like that before just curious.
Idk eBay 😭🤣🤣 but yh some ppl do sell them because they spend so much time making them pretty and information loaded
AlooCurry
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Omg it’s the person who replies to their own comments helloooo 👋🏻
Oh hello there!! Happy Xmas Eve!
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Flashcards
Question papers
Notes
Onika55275
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
kipnotes has some good free notes. But make ur flashcards like straight away after the day you learn about a topic in a lesson. Cus its a pain to catch up on them. Also exam questionsssssss!!! My teacher told meh you can only achieve C/D with learning content/keywords.
username5524572
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by AlooCurry)
Oh hello there!! Happy Xmas Eve!
🤣🤣
username5524572
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Is it jus me who can’t use online mindmaps or flash cards they jus seen unnatural and I’d rather have paper versions idk how to explain it
pipthesqueak
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Is it jus me who can’t use online mindmaps or flash cards they jus seen unnatural and I’d rather have paper versions idk how to explain it
same !! i totally get you, idk online ones just,,, don’t hit
it’s like preferring physical copies of books over the ebooks ?
username5524572
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by pipthesqueak)
same !! i totally get you, idk online ones just,,, don’t hit
it’s like preferring physical copies of books over the ebooks ?
Yhhhh physical copies are soooo much better. This is controversial but some parts of tech I really despise of
BTSARMYF.F
Rep:
Idk eBay 😭🤣🤣 but yh some ppl do sell them because they spend so much time making them pretty and information loaded
wow, that's something new I'll see.
username5524572
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
wow, that's something new I'll see.
😉 hehe
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Biology is really hard.
For the terms I used flash cards and for understanding I soliloquise in front of the mirror to explain the lessons in my words. And of course doing some works and if it is needed even past papers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.41%
Okay (114)
29.01%
A bit lacking (150)
38.17%
Not good at all (92)
23.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise