The Student Room Group

𝒫𝒽𝑜𝑒𝓃𝒾𝓍's 𝒶𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓂𝓅𝓉 𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝓇𝓉🎨

Hi, my name is Kelsie and I've been feeling pretty bored at the moment, so I thought 'Why not improve my art skills?'

I have attempted to be artistic multiple times before, but I usually end up doing one painting and then not touching a coloured pencil for the next few months, so I thought maybe a thread will help me stick to it.

Bear in mind, I am an amateur, so my art won't be the best, but I'm hoping to see some improvement over the next few weeks, so don't expect to see perfect art(at first)!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

[scroll]First painting:[/scroll]

I followed a Bob Ross tutorial for the first time!

The thumbnail for this episode showed a much simpler picture that was faded and looked super easy, but as I was following the video, I realised that the picture looked really different, but I carried on anyway and ended up with this! I wouldn't have done this for my first painting, but I don't think it looks that bad:

art 1.jpg

Tags:

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Ok I thought I was good! I’m the amateur compared to you! You’re bloody talented!!!
Ok I thought I was good! I’m the amateur compared to you! You’re bloody talented!!! :congrats:
Wow!!! :eek4::congrats:
Original post by PhoenixRose338
First painting:

The thumbnail for this episode showed a much simpler picture that was faded and looked super easy, but as I was following the video, I realised that the picture looked really different, but I carried on anyway and ended up with this! I wouldn't have done this for my first painting, but I don't think it looks that bad:
art 1.jpg

Woooooooow
Reply 6

art 1.jpg

Tags:
@BluMoon06

i think it looks far from bad
it looks amazing :biggrin:
Original post by ^_^/
i think it looks far from bad
it looks amazing :biggrin:

Thank you so much for your kind responses!:hugs:

Let me know if you would like to be tagged.
Thanks! I'm hoping to improve:heart:
I'll tag you to the first pic, so I remember:biggrin:
:biggrin:
I'll add you to the list
Neat. :yep:
Reply 11
Thank you so much for your kind responses!:hugs:

Let me know if you would like to be tagged.

yes please :biggrin:
Original post by ^_^/
yes please :biggrin:

I'll add you now:yep:
So it turns out I posted on here even though it said I didn’t :colondollar::facepalm:
Reply 14
I'll add you now:yep:

thank you :smile:

art 1.jpg

Tags:

Spoiler

I wasn't expecting it to be that good. That's really good! I might upload some of my art, you've really inspired me.
Original post by Afrrcyn
I wasn't expecting it to be that good. That's really good! I might upload some of my art, you've really inspired me.

Thank you! I wasn't expecting such a positive response from everyone:biggrin: You should post it, I'm sure your art is great too

art 1.jpg

Tags:

Spoiler

What the fuaoifhsdlhfkasdkljf,h that is amazing
Omg I love it :gah: I might try a Bob Ross later now :excited:
Please tag me omg your amazing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending