Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, Kelly's out...who's in/out/sideways do we think?

I don't reckon Miliband will be allowed to stay in as influential a post as Foreign Secretary, I reckon he might get Justice. I also hear Des Browne is on a sticky wicket.

Predictions, please, and let's see how close we get to the mind of G.B. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Des Browne has never been off a sticky wicket. He's been unpopular from the minute he took up post.

Thing is, there are very few who would satisfy the Armed Forces, as there's next to noone in Government with any experience of them.

Tom Harris to move up to Transport. Miliband will stay in the Foreign Office, simply because moving him anywhere will trigger a million and one rumours about everything. If he's going to be really ballsy, he might sack Darling and bring in another Chancellor (although he's identified himself quite strongly with Darlin, so maybe not).

ReputationRep:
    i thin Des Browne os going to be gone.

Gordon Brown wouldn't dare move David Miliband...if he did it would cause a lot of problems as David Miliband may then think 'what have i got to lose'...que a leadership challenge.

i've got a funny feeling ed miliband may be promoted...don't know why.

depending on whether he wants to get rid of David Miliband's allies or not James Purnell might go or get a big promotion.

Hazel Blears out as well.

Ed Balls demoted.

ReputationRep:
    As this is a fantasy reshuffle, maybe the following:

GB announces that due to problems with world economy he is going to run a coalition government. Accordingly he asks William Hague to be Foreign Secretary, Vince Cable to be Chancellor and Alex Salmond to be Home Secretary.

Remaining posts he spreads around ensuring no dangerous/ difficult position goes to any Labour MP. He then waits for all the problems to emerge and then blames the other parties who were in charge of the key departments, their competence now discredited he wins the next election.

Then he wakes up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alasdair)
    Tom Harris to move up to Transport. Miliband will stay in the Foreign Office, simply because moving him anywhere will trigger a million and one rumours about everything. If he's going to be really ballsy, he might sack Darling and bring in another Chancellor (although he's identified himself quite strongly with Darlin, so maybe not).
    The rumour was always that he wanted Balls. I like Ed Balls, he seems a cool guy.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Ed Balls comes across as a bit of an arselicker but he would make a good Chancellor.

ReputationRep:
    Does it really matter? Just another New Labour "jobsfortheboys" crook to waste our time and money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birchington)
    Ed Balls comes across as a bit of an arselicker but he would make a good Chancellor.
    Would just open up more opportunities for this joke to be made: clicky.

ReputationRep:
    Fantasy cabinet:

Chancellor: Darling
    Home Secretary: Straw
    Schools and Education: Balls and Johnson
    Health: Harman
    Foreign: keep Miliband there, he's an ******** so there's nothing to lose by keeping him in a position where he can't make many friends anyway

ReputationRep:
    Milburn to replace Kelly please, ease him back into the big time :teeth:

I wouldnt mind Charles Clarke having another crack of the whip in cabinet, get another big hitter into the cabinet but I guess thats pretty damn unlikely :p:

If we're making fantasy demands. I'd also like to appoint myself as minister for keeping it real :cool:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.