Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm looking for a drink that tastes like lemon Lemsip. Because I have a cold ATM, it's fine, I can just drink Lemsip. However, I'm pretty sure that drinking Lemsip when I don't need to isn't the best of ideas. So I was wondering if there are any drinks out there like lemon Lemsip, but without the paracetemol.

Obviously, I know I could heat up lemonade, but that's impractical for when I'm at work.

ReputationRep:
    Make your own lemsip..
    I can't bare the stuff, but I believe its hot water, with lemon juice added to taste and honey.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure drinking Lemsip won't do you (much) damage.

ReputationRep:
    absolut citron?

ReputationRep:
    If you've got a mocrowave at work, just get some old fashioned cloudy lemonade and nuke a cupful. It tastes exactly like lemsip (if you get the sugar filled, as opposed to the sugar free stuff) but without the paracetamol/caffeine hit.

ReputationRep:
    Hot lemon squash with a bit of honey in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed.)
    I'm sure drinking Lemsip won't do you (much) damage.
    Umm, each sachet of lemsip contains a full dose of paracetamol, if you drank it more than the recommended dosage it would definitely do you damage :P

And to the OP you could try making lemon squash with hot water

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juncture)
    Umm, each sachet of lemsip contains a full dose of paracetamol, if you drank it more than the recommended dosage it would definitely do you damage :P

And to the OP you could try making lemon squash with hot water
    Ditto. Some even contain the double dose of paracetemol which is 1000mg and a decongestant,phenylephrine hydrochloride, which causes hypertension and could possibly cause problems in the long run though possibly not at the doses found in lemsip.However, if she was drinking this stuff like water it would probably not be a smart move at all.

ReputationRep:
    You can get lemon fruit tea, e.g. http://www.twinings.co.uk/Infusions/CitrusFruit/

ReputationRep:
    Lemon sherbets? Yes, not a drink, but still.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    Ditto. Some even contain the double dose of paracetemol which is 1000mg and a decongestant,phenylephrine hydrochloride, which causes hypertension and could possibly cause problems in the long run though possibly not at the doses found in lemsip.However, if she was drinking this stuff like water it would probably not be a smart move at all.
    She!? Who are you calling she? I'm a freakin dude!! >.<

(Original post by Thud)
    absolut citron?
    Heh, somehow I don't think that'd be appropriate at work.

And thanks for the other suggestions guys, I'll probably give them a try at some point in the near future.

ReputationRep:
    limoncello

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    She!? Who are you calling she? I'm a freakin dude!! >.<

Heh, somehow I don't think that'd be appropriate at work.

And thanks for the other suggestions guys, I'll probably give them a try at some point in the near future.
    SOZ!
    XXX

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.