The Student Room Group

boy advice

so i’ve been seeing this boy for around 2 months now, starting at university. we were really close friends beforehand and then we just started sleeping together but it grew into more and we are in a stage where weve both said were basically boyfriend and girlfriend just need some more time etc. which i agree with. Before we started he was seeing this other girl who lives in his flat and they were friends with benefits for just over a month, but they ended a few weeks before we started. They are still good friends and talk, but i feel he downplays it a lot and says they don’t talk much etc. but on snapchat me and her have the same top bestfriend (him) and i just don’t know whether they’re still talking in that way, i’ve asked and he said no but part of me thinks i shouldn’t believe him but i don’t feel i have any authority as he’s not my boyfriend. help, as i don’t want to be in a triangle or be second best.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Your gut feelings are usually right. Don’t let people tell you your paranoid, you aren’t. Tell him straight exactly how you feel.If he’s not prepared to change, and your not prepared to be second best, then consider other options.
Original post by Wesxmm
Your gut feelings are usually right. Don’t let people tell you your paranoid, you aren’t. Tell him straight exactly how you feel.If he’s not prepared to change, and your not prepared to be second best, then consider other options.

thankyou for your help! i don’t want them to necessarily not be friends; but i have a feeling she still likes him and worry when we come back to uni he’ll change his mind and now we’re both in lockdown areas of the UK we can’t really see eachother so can’t really make any steps forward in our relationship.
Yeah this is a sharing rel but in my case all the parameters were negotiated upfront and agreed by both of us. U seem not to want this kind of rel...tho' if u want to see how he reacts u could find ur own fwb and see wat he says.... wat's good for the goose....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending