Applying online for student bank account twice Watch

MisterE
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey,

I applied online to Natwest today for a student bank account, after, it asked if I wanted a savings account, so I chose yes and proceeded...then I decided I didn't want it so I closed the screen.

I assumed that means I had to register for a student bank account again since it didn't get to the final stage I think...

So I registered again with the same details (this time picking No to a savings account).

Now, I have 2 reference numbers..I have kept the second reference number (second time I registered)..

Will this be a problem? Any comments? Thanks!!
Talya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If 2 app forms arrive in the post, just return one of them. You've probably just credit checked yourself twice, so no biggie in the grand scheme of things.
MisterE
Rep:
?
A second question:

Are you obliged (as in if I don't they will charge me or whatever) to send your proof of identity and other forms..etc... / go to the bank to finish the application after you have applied online for a student bank account?

My parents suggested I took advantage of the freebies, so I applied to quite a lot of banks (3). This isn't allowed right? So now that i've applied...can I just not go to the appointments if I don't want to open them? (If it's not allowed).

Thanks
MisterE
Rep:
?
(Original post by Talya)
If 2 app forms arrive in the post, just return one of them. You've probably just credit checked yourself twice, so no biggie in the grand scheme of things.
Thanks. But what is a credit check?

I'm sorry, I have no knowledge whatsoever of student banking etc..
Talya
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mister E.

1. You will either need to send your ID + Proof of address + Proof of student status to the bank in a prepaid envelope which they'll provide. Or take all the documents (including application form) to the branch where they will complete the application for you.

2. Don't just not go to the appointment, that's a bit rude. Go into the branch or phone them to cancel.

3. Here's some basic info on credit rating and credit scoring; http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ban...g-credit-score
MisterE
Rep:
?
(Original post by Talya)
Mister E.

1. You will either need to send your ID + Proof of address + Proof of student status to the bank in a prepaid envelope which they'll provide. Or take all the documents (including application form) to the branch where they will complete the application for you.

2. Don't just not go to the appointment, that's a bit rude. Go into the branch or phone them to cancel.

3. Here's some basic info on credit rating and credit scoring; http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ban...g-credit-score
Okay. I will phone Natwest to say I applied twice online just incase. I'm just paranoid, that maybe in 20 years time they send me a letter saying I owe them 20,000 pounds or something because of something silly! :o:

So it is your choice if you use your overdraft right? And say, for example, if I opened a student bank account but never used it, will there be any charges?

Living in University halls really gets me paranoid as people could send me letters and I would never receive it because someone took my letter and throw it away or something! Maybe it's just because i'm not used to it!
Talya
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MisterE)
Okay. I will phone Natwest to say I applied twice online just incase. I'm just paranoid, that maybe in 20 years time they send me a letter saying I owe them 20,000 pounds or something because of something silly! :o:

So it is your choice if you use your overdraft right? And say, for example, if I opened a student bank account but never used it, will there be any charges?
No charges as long as you stay within your agreed limit.

The number to call with your reference is 08453030299

Pick the option for if you've recently made a current account application, listen through the automated message about student accounts and then you will get put through to an advisor.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (600)
47.06%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (397)
31.14%
I don't have an opinion (278)
21.8%

Watched Threads