The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I never saw mine :no: But my application was a bit rushed at the end because the woman spent the whole month after I finished/paid faffing about before I went and yelled at her to do my reference :p:

Just ask whoever is writing it for you if you can see what they put.
Reply 2
I do know it's written and everything, and my principal has alluded to it and seemed to imply that it was good, i'd just like to read it and be flattered i guess hahaha.
i'd feel a bit weird about asking though.
Reply 3
i don't think you are supposed to see it, but some schools are very lenient. Just ask. It can do no harm!
Reply 4
it depends on your school....i never asked to see mine but i was shown it anyways
Reply 5
i read on the cambridge interview literature that we were allowed to see them as part of UCAS admission invisibility, or something like that
andyroo_g
Do we ever get to see it? I know that we're allowed but will it ever become available without asking for it? I feel a bit awkward about asking for it but I'm keen to see it prior to any interviews or anything.

I had to ask to see mine, but if your teachers are as lazy as mine were, your reference will be word-for-word the same as your school report. Huzzah! :cool:
My form tutor let me skim through the subject references and I'm going through the big one with my referee some time this week.
Reply 8
andyroo_g
Do we ever get to see it?

At the very least you should be allowed to read your reference to see if there are any factual inaccuracies about you in it.
Reply 9
can you see your predicted grades on UCAS??
Reply 10
Yes we can
andyroo_g
Do we ever get to see it? I know that we're allowed but will it ever become available without asking for it? I feel a bit awkward about asking for it but I'm keen to see it prior to any interviews or anything.

I was shown my references by the teacher who deals with all the applications although I didn't ask to see them. If your school has someone who deals with all the applications then he/she should sit down with you before you send it off and show you everything that is being sent to make sure your 100% sure you want to submit the application as it stands.

If not, just ask to see it. :p:
andyroo_g
i read on the cambridge interview literature that we were allowed to see them as part of UCAS admission invisibility, or something like that

Ask to see it anyway. When i was applying, some people got to see theirs, some didn't.
Reply 13
IanDangerously
I was shown my references by the teacher who deals with all the applications although I didn't ask to see them. If your school has someone who deals with all the applications then he/she should sit down with you before you send it off and show you everything that is being sent to make sure your 100% sure you want to submit the application as it stands.

If not, just ask to see it. :p:

Oh great - my application's going off soon so I probably will. Ego boost on the horizon.