The Student Room Group

NYUAD-NYU Abu Dhabi

Hi guys
Does someone applied or will apply to NYUAD?
I want to know abt the a-level requirements
Hey :smile: I applied with ED1 and got accepted for class of 2025 so the application process and requirements are very fresh.
I applied with A*A*A
Let me know some other information about what you would need help with. If you have any other questions regarding any area of the application or the supplements im happy to help.
Reply 2
Original post by Navy_Blue
Hey :smile: I applied with ED1 and got accepted for class of 2025 so the application process and requirements are very fresh.
I applied with A*A*A
Let me know some other information about what you would need help with. If you have any other questions regarding any area of the application or the supplements im happy to help.

Hi ! Thanks for answering!
I want to apply for Econ major and have not think for minor yet and
my actual grades are A*AA(Math/Econ/Further Math)
also I heard that NYUAD is hard to get into.
Is it possible to get an offer?

I am planning to apply for ED2
Original post by dflknfrkn

NYUAD is a very hard university to get into although it is not impossible.
It is not meant to be a second choice university as they intend to select students who want them as primary options just because those students can most likely succeed and take advantage of the immense opportunities and networking they offer.
Your grades are perfect for the application, my twin sister got accepted with that prediction so I can promise it is competitive enough.
NYUAD gives out a very generous amount of good percentage scholarships which is a mix of merit and need-based.
NYUAD is a very hard university to get into although it is not impossible.
It is not meant to be a second choice university as they intend to select students who want them as primary options just because those students can most likely succeed and take advantage of the immense opportunities and networking they offer.
Your grades are perfect for the application, my twin sister got accepted with that prediction so I can promise it is competitive enough.
NYUAD gives out a very generous amount of good percentage scholarships which is a mix of merit and need-based.

Hello!
I wanted to know if us A level students would have to sit the SAT exams to get in as I couldn't rlly find it on the website and do u know what the process would be like for a private student that isn't currently affiliated with any school?
Original post by dflknfrkn

is it possible to get into nyuad with just good a level grades? or would u need good extra curriculars too?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by bookwork2700
is it possible to get into nyuad with just good a level grades? or would u need good extra curriculars too?

I think as with a lot of American universities, they are looking for well rounded industrials. Ppl who are good at many things so I doubt u need to have amazing extra curriculars or amazing grades. More balanced. This is from what I've understood. Tho at the end of the day, u should apply regardless cause ur not losing anything.
I'm planning on doing 3 SAT subjects just in case since I'm not that sure about me getting accepted and also about the extracurriculars I haven't done many great things except teach kids in India virtually for 3 months is that alright?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm planning on doing 3 SAT subjects just in case since I'm not that sure about me getting accepted and also about the extracurriculars I haven't done many great things except teach kids in India virtually for 3 months is that alright?

Just a warning, SAT subject tests are being discontinued next month internationally; they have already been discontinued in the US.
Original post by kamara41
Just a warning, SAT subject tests are being discontinued next month internationally; they have already been discontinued in the US.

But is it fine if I apply with a good Btec A level along with 2 other A level grades because they said that they require 3 A levels in total however when I did check the official nyu website they said that BTEC is accepted and a BTEC level 3 is considered as an A level. I'm kinda worried that this may affect my chances.
Is it possible to get into nyuad with great A level scores but a bad igcse score? I don't know if the igcse scores would matter alot but I'm hoping it doesn't decrease my chances.
What kind of IGCSE grades are you talking about? Bad means different things to different people.
Original post by kamara41
What kind of IGCSE grades are you talking about? Bad means different things to different people.

Like not a single A or B and one F
I applied with A*A*A

Could you please help me out! Im in the process of applying for ED1 with 3As in biology,chemistry and sociology. I didnt get any A*s and im nervous cos everyone going there seems so smart! what are my chances of gettin in! Could we talk on instagram or something?
hi can we get in touch im also in class 11
hi im also class 11 student can we get in touch?

I applied with A*A*A
Reply 16
I applied with A*A*A

Hello, if you don't mind me asking what was your English Proficiency Test score?
Reply 17
I applied with A*A*A

Hi, don't mind me asking what is your English Proficiency Test score? What are the scores NYUAD is looking for? I got a 125 on my Duolingo test is that good?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending