The Student Room Group

Bf hiding phone?

My boyfriend doesn’t hide his phone from me when he’s using it but he wouldn’t leave it unlocked around me for sure. His phone is EVERYTHING TO HIM he makes his money from his phone so he’s with it 24/7 even in his sleep he picks up business phone calls. He’s also a type of person who likes his privacy and likes to be trusted. But sometimes it’s just annoying he’s always locking it like after using it idk I guess it’s normal but he’s very attached to his phone so i don’t know. Around other people I’ve seen him do the same so I don’t think it’s that big of an issue.
I’ve had guys cheat on me in all my previous relationships so I’m very cautious.

Would you say he’s cheating or?
Reply 1
Ps. He said if I ever spied on him he would break up with me.
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend doesn’t hide his phone from me when he’s using it but he wouldn’t leave it unlocked around me for sure. His phone is EVERYTHING TO HIM he makes his money from his phone so he’s with it 24/7 even in his sleep he picks up business phone calls. He’s also a type of person who likes his privacy and likes to be trusted. But sometimes it’s just annoying he’s always locking it like after using it idk I guess it’s normal but he’s very attached to his phone so i don’t know. Around other people I’ve seen him do the same so I don’t think it’s that big of an issue.
I’ve had guys cheat on me in all my previous relationships so I’m very cautious.

Sis, ngl, I think you're tripping...
Being protective of your phone doesn't exactly mean someone is cheating. You literally said he doesn't hide his phone from you, so I doubt he is. If you're really suspicious, maybe you should compare his behaviour with the people who cheated on you before? But I feel like you have nothing to worry about!

Tbh I’m literally the same, I make money with my phone so I’m always with it and always gotta have it with me. But I don’t think he’s cheating unless he’s showing signs of it? If he’s doing it the same around other people then it’s pretty normal I’d say
Reply 4
Original post by Kei Park
Sis, ngl, I think you're tripping...
Being protective of your phone doesn't exactly mean someone is cheating. You literally said he doesn't hide his phone from you, so I doubt he is. If you're really suspicious, maybe you should compare his behaviour with the people who cheated on you before? But I feel like you have nothing to worry about!

I wouldn’t say he hides it. But when he’s in front of me he acts abit idk how to explain it. I feel like people who cheated on me was more open to using their phones around me and me seeing their screens lol!
I wouldn’t say he hides it. But when he’s in front of me he acts abit idk how to explain it. I feel like people who cheated on me was more open to using their phones around me and me seeing their screens lol!

Well you said before he told you not to spy on him so maybe just be honest with him and tell him your concerns and why you have those concerns. I'm sure he'd be understanding, since you've been cheated on previously. I really do feel like nothing is going on though. I don't hide my phone from anyone but I wouldn't want anyone scrolling through my phone like that - even my bf. Some of us are just weird like that lol.
Your boyfriend has very sensible and reasonable boundaries. You have no evidence that he's cheating.
Have you thought about why all your previous boyfriends have cheated on you? Are you perhaps dating the wrong type of guys?
Your bf probably stores multiple passwords, access codes to digital payment wallets and bank logins on his phone.
That is why he is so protective of access to his phone and his privacy.
I'm female and have never allowed any bf to use my phone or see my messages.

He is hiding something for sure, I would say break up
Reply 10
For me he’s way too cagey. Fine to expect privacy but not to be paranoid about locking your phone away from your partner.
Reply 11
Around other people I’ve seen him do the same so I don’t think it’s that big of an issue.

So why are you even asking this question? You are projecting your own trust issues on to your boyfriend and thinking he's cheating?

Did you give yourself time to get over your previous relationships and learn to make better choices?
You haven't given us any evidence that suggests he is cheating. Many people consider their phone private - like a diary for example.

Either trust him or dont. You say he hasnt given you any reason not to. Some people are more private. If its business then perhaps he has good reason for it being his business and not yours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending