How to stop worshipping celebrities/your experience?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello. To make a long story short I want to overcome my celebrity worship.
I won’t say in particular which celeb it is but they are one of the most famous celebs in the world.

I think about the celeb all day and defend them like my life defends on it. I know that they don’t even know I exist but I still do it. I also liked the clout I have received. I’ve actually gained 1000+ followers since March.

I never used to be like this, but during lockdown in March I decided to lurk on my abandoned Twitter account (that I made when I was 17, I’m 20 now) and over the months of me being inside it’s been consuming my life. I’ve literally engaged in sending hate to people that don’t like said celeb.

I’m putting aside so much of my personal life to run an account for this person. It’s draining me.

I’m someone that never used to use social media because I basically lived my entire life outside. I was improving around September, but because of the tier 4 lockdown here in London I’ve gone back to my old ways. I need serious help. Has anyone overcome this?

I honestly believe that celebrity worship (not sure of the correct term) is a mental illness too many people suffer from that isn’t taken seriously. Especially considering the accounts I’ve seen on Twitter (cyberbullying, stalking, etc.)
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Is it possible you could find a hobby that keeps your mind occupied (and therefore distracted)?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 0le)
Is it possible you could find a hobby that keeps your mind occupied (and therefore distracted)?
Usually I would do roller skating, but my rink has been closed I’m so easily distracted inside
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.27%
As I expected (23)
29.87%
Harder (29)
37.66%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.19%

Watched Threads