The Student Room Group

do you like guys who are considered nerdy?

Who are into things like star wars, comic books, video games, study physics, etc. Not the especially cool type I suppose.

Scroll to see replies

No, I’d rather stare at a brick wall.
as long as hes up for binge watching all of the toy story movies then ight bet
Reply 3
Some people do, some people don't.

Pointless thread and doesn't need to be Anonymous.
Personally I like nerdy guys but that might be bc I’m a nerdy girl. It’s really just personal preference.
Original post by Surnia

You’ve summed up about 90% of the relationships forum right here. PRSOM.
I’m not a girl but on behalf of majority of them they would say no to everything nerdy that you mentioned, maybe except physics
Reply 7
Original post by Moonlight rain
No, I’d rather stare at a brick wall.

What turns you off about them?
Original post by Surnia

I ask each person to have their say I guess. I didn't say all people like the same thing.
Original post by Anonymous
Who are into things like star wars, comic books, video games, study physics, etc. Not the especially cool type I suppose.

i mean i like anime lmfao that’s not seen as “cool”. i personally do but that’s just me. women all have different preferences for men, it’s just how it is lol. also star wars is just goated
Reply 9
Original post by Mesopotamian.
You’ve summed up about 90% of the relationships forum right here. PRSOM.

Needs a 'Preferences' sub in here for all the 12yos with their 'do guys like girls who wear make-up', 'do guys like big or small boobs'.

With the twist that if you post in there, you are then banned from TSR for at least the next 5 years! :yes:
No cos they USUALLY (so not all of them) dont look after their appearance and have little to no experience with women, instead whatever they believe women to be comes from men's idealisations in these comics and movies and such. That's not realistic. Plus many dont work out/exercise in general, so that doesnt help

Overall, if nerdy guys have other interests as well then that is more desirable. I personally think what makes someone attractive is being a well-rounded person, and many of my friends agree with that

Not trying to bash you, just giving you an honest answer and not sugar coating it.
Original post by Surnia
Needs a 'Preferences' sub in here for all the 12yos with their 'do guys like girls who wear make-up', 'do guys like big or small boobs'.

With the twist that if you post in there, you are then banned from TSR for at least the next 5 years! :yes:

Brilliant idea :rofl:
You should definitely pop down to the feedback forum and bring up the idea there :yes:
Original post by RealLifeJoker
I’m not a girl but on behalf of majority of them they would say no to everything nerdy that you mentioned, maybe except physics

Says he's not a girl.

Proceeds to talk on the behalf of the majority of them.

How generous of you to share your opinion.
No cos they USUALLY (so not all of them) dont look after their appearance and have little to no experience with women, instead whatever they believe women to be comes from men's idealisations in these comics and movies and such. That's not realistic. Plus many dont work out/exercise in general, so that doesnt help

Overall, if nerdy guys have other interests as well then that is more desirable. I personally think what makes someone attractive is being a well-rounded person, and many of my friends agree with that

Not trying to bash you, just giving you an honest answer and not sugar coating it.

You're not bashing me, people are different and like different things. I wasn't aware working out and having experience with women were that important (I don't expect a girl to work out or have experience with men). But this is why I made this thread, to listen to what different girls will say.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Brilliant idea :rofl:
You should definitely pop down to the feedback forum and bring up the idea there :yes:

Original post by Surnia

You don't have to click on these threads, why are you being so negative?
Yes if you have an attractive face (not ugly), can have a conversation, and are intelligent - i.e., not just good at maths, but knowledgeable about other things and aren't just fed the media's opinions. However, Star Wars and comics are bad sign. If you keep it to yourself then that's okay, but if it's an obsession then that's a bit worrying.
Also if you want to be attractive you have to be not shy. You didn't say whether you were or not but if you are then that's the most important thing to improve in my opinion (apart from physical appearance) as it means you can approach women confidently. Women like it when you start talking to them/ if you make them feel important
Yes if you have an attractive face (not ugly), can have a conversation, and are intelligent - i.e., not just good at maths, but knowledgeable about other things and aren't just fed the media's opinions. However, Star Wars and comics are bad sign. If you keep it to yourself then that's okay, but if it's an obsession then that's a bit worrying.
Also if you want to be attractive you have to be not shy. You didn't say whether you were or not but if you are then that's the most important thing to improve in my opinion (apart from physical appearance) as it means you can approach women confidently. Women like it when you start talking to them/ if you make them feel important

I don't have an attractive face (too chubby I think -- Im not fat its just my face is chubby?) but I am not particularly shy. I talk to women just fine, I just don't know whether they'd like me.

I am quite into some of these things but if the girl's not into them, I'm not gonna talk about them. Like if she doesn't like Star Wars or hasn't seen them, I am not gonna force a discussion about them.
You're not bashing me, people are different and like different things. I wasn't aware working out and having experience with women were that important (I don't expect a girl to work out or have experience with men). But this is why I made this thread, to listen to what different girls will say.

Okay well at least you seem kind

I think working out matters to a lot of women, at least the ones I know. And we dont even care that much about pronounced muscles, its more the fact that you take care of you body thats attractive. Like go for a run sometime or do some form of exercise that you enjoy, it will even make you feel better - I have a nerdy guy friend who told me he does climbing and is actually pretty good at it, and that instantly made him more attractive imo (he has a very slim psyche so it was a nice surprise to hear that). Having too much muscle is actually not considered universally attractive. Its not just about the way you look tho, its more about having a greater variety of interests, that way you are statistically more likely to have things in common with more people that you meet

And I don't mean that romantic/sexual experience is attractive, rather its more important that you talk with women and have female friends so you realise we're just human and there's no need to put us on a pedestal. You dont want to end up being that weird guy that obsesses over every woman that you encounter cos that comes off as incredibly cringe. And another reason you should hang out with more women just on a friendship basis is so that you become more comfortable around the opposite sex, which will help you when you do get into a relationship

I hope that makes sense
Okay well at least you seem kind

I think working out matters to a lot of women, at least the ones I know. And we dont even care that much about pronounced muscles, its more the fact that you take care of you body thats attractive. Like go for a run sometime or do some form of exercise that you enjoy, it will even make you feel better - I have a nerdy guy friend who told me he does climbing and is actually pretty good at it, and that instantly made him more attractive imo (he has a very slim psyche so it was a nice surprise to hear that). Having too much muscle is actually not considered universally attractive. Its not just about the way you look tho, its more about having a greater variety of interests, that way you are statistically more likely to have things in common with more people that you meet

And I don't mean that romantic/sexual experience is attractive, rather its more important that you talk with women and have female friends so you realise we're just human and there's no need to put us on a pedestal. You dont want to end up being that weird guy that obsesses over every woman that you encounter cos that comes off as incredibly cringe. And another reason you should hang out with more women just on a friendship basis is so that you become more comfortable around the opposite sex, which will help you when you do get into a relationship

I hope that makes sense

Ok makes sense, was just not aware.

I've female friends but we're alike, we play dnd and league together for example, I am not putting girls on a pedestal just wanna know different points of view. I am not gonna change who I am although exercise would probably help...
Ok makes sense, was just not aware.

I've female friends but we're alike, we play dnd and league together for example, I am not putting girls on a pedestal just wanna know different points of view. I am not gonna change who I am although exercise would probably help...

how old are you?

Yeah you defo shouldnt change who you are, if you like that stuff then its nobody's business

But exercise would DEFINITELY help, trust meee, it makes everyone more attractive in my opinion (which i think is a pretty common opinion) - just do it, if thats the only thing you take away from my message!!!!! Pls

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending