The Student Room Group

Sacrifices in relationships

Please don’t laugh at me , this is why I’m on anon. I have a fish odor syndrome which makes me smell like garbage and fish. Even on my intimate parts which is why I’m still a virgin now. I put on anti perspirant all over and it does seem to do the trick but it does have an impact sometimes. I also cannot do penetrative sex because it really hurts under there. I’m so embarrassed to go on a date because the guy will have to sacrifice so much... should I not bother?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
See a doctor.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
See a doctor.

For what? The sex is because my vag is really dry. I have multiple tests done over the course of 7 years and they haven’t found anything so I’m putting it down to dryness.
I was hoping for an answer to my question
You can change your diet, avoid cow's milk, seafood, beans, eggs and peanuts, and take a vitamin b12 supplement and use a slightly acidic soap when washing your body. These will help with the smell.

Best thing to do is go to your doctors and get some medication.
Original post by Anonymous
For what? The sex is because my vag is really dry. I have multiple tests done over the course of 7 years and they haven’t found anything so I’m putting it down to dryness.
I was hoping for an answer to my question

No one can tell you whether or not you should bother going on dates... If it's just dryness, using lots of lube will help.
Original post by Mr T 999

Best thing to do is go to your doctors and get some medication.

there is no medication
Original post by black tea
there is no medication

I thought antibiotics will help?
Original post by Mr T 999
I thought antibiotics will help?

It's not a bacterial illness, it's to do with your body not being able to break down a certain chemical.
use lube for your dryness and try moisturising with coconut oil, thats what helped my bad body odor. see if it helps with the fishy smell
Reply 9
No one can tell you whether or not you should bother going on dates... If it's just dryness, using lots of lube will help.

I just want to know if there is someone out there who will be okay with this and not be disgusted
There are “suppositories” you can buy called ‘femallay’. I’ve never tried them but the reviews are good. They’re organic and are moisturising and supposedly provide a nice smell. I’m no doctor though so can’t tell you if they’re good for you or not.
Original post by Seepbrook
use lube for your dryness and try moisturising with coconut oil, thats what helped my bad body odor. see if it helps with the fishy smell

Anti perspirant helps with the smell a lot, and the lube. Where can I get one that’s really good because it’s extremely dry
Original post by Anonymous
Anti perspirant helps with the smell a lot, and the lube. Where can I get one that’s really good because it’s extremely dry

You can buy lube in any supermarket or pharmacy.
You can buy lube in any supermarket or pharmacy.

Thank you very much :smile:
Sry I am not laughing at you but you described it in a quite funny way :biggrin: garbage and fish :rofl:
Original post by GreenIceCream
Sry I am not laughing at you but you described it in a quite funny way :biggrin: garbage and fish :rofl:

Why bother commenting in a sensitive thread like this if this is all you have to say?
Why bother commenting in a sensitive thread like this if this is all you have to say?

True I was being a shithead. Sry OP.
You probably will, there's somebody out there for everyone. But communication will be important.
Original post by Ramipril
You probably will, there's somebody out there for everyone. But communication will be important.

Thank you. This is what I needed to hear. :smile:
I saw a thing on This morning about a woman who had the same thing and her husband didn't care so i people can look past it. Also there is no rush in losing ur virginity. I believe there is some stuff that a doctor can give no idea how effective though. Maybe you could join a forum? I am sure there are forums for people with the same condition

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending