Not having a studying Environment

Watch this thread
kxrxi.00
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys,
So I'm in Yr 12 right now and I'm doing Maths Physics and Psychology for A levels. I have mocks in about 3 months and I really want to get A*AA in my mocks because due to Covid, we now know how important mock exams are if the real exams were to get cancelled. In my recent test I did really bad in Maths and Physics (I got a C) Psychology was good since I did it for GCSE( I got a A).
My dream uni is Oxford so I really want to do my best. The things is I want to revise but I don't really have an environment where I can study. I share a room with my sibling and he goes to work at 6 pm so until then I don't really have space to myself. I tried studying in the living room and the kitchen but there's just so many people in my house ( I live in a joint family) In the end I just give up revising because there's literally no place where I can just sit down and study quitely. Tried even studying in my bed but my back just hurts and I feel tired. During my mocks in GCSE I would go to the town library or Starbucks and just do my work for the entire day but obviously due to Covid and lockdown its impossible. Its just so frustrating and I wonder if anyone else feels the same way. You want to study and all that but just can't . Its like a downward spiral- you'd want to revise but then you can't so you loose all motivation to study making you feel even worse for not doing anything so you give up on everything. Ugh. I just wish lockdown would be over but then again the aftermath of this situation is going to last for a long time. Has anyone gone through something like this? And if so what did you do to keep your motivation going and how did you manage to pull through?
Spoiler:
Show

Last edited by kxrxi.00; 1 year ago
Flors
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hey, funny enough I have this exact same situation. I used to go to the library but when covid happened I couldn't The best way to revise and plan around your family I guess. My house doesn't sound as busy but there is virtually no space. Headphones are key. Just lofi or white noise to try and block out sound as much as possible. If you know where everyone in your family is going to be and at what time, then plan where you can revise. Trust me for A-levels you have to be super efficient. I sometimes wake up slightly earlier in order to get work done when its quieter. Make use out of your school or college facilities for as long as you can. I know my school is open till around 4:30 pm so sometimes I'll stay late. My issue is I don't have a desk in my room, so if you have someone else in your family whose room you can use to revise or they have a desk use that if possible.

Hope this helps!
kxrxi.00
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Flors)
Hey, funny enough I have this exact same situation. I used to go to the library but when covid happened I couldn't The best way to revise and plan around your family I guess. My house doesn't sound as busy but there is virtually no space. Headphones are key. Just lofi or white noise to try and block out sound as much as possible. If you know where everyone in your family is going to be and at what time, then plan where you can revise. Trust me for A-levels you have to be super efficient. I sometimes wake up slightly earlier in order to get work done when its quieter. Make use out of your school or college facilities for as long as you can. I know my school is open till around 4:30 pm so sometimes I'll stay late. My issue is I don't have a desk in my room, so if you have someone else in your family whose room you can use to revise or they have a desk use that if possible.

Hope this helps!
Yeah thanks a lot😊 I'm gonna try my best to do at least 20 mins of school work. Btw I saw that you do Edexcel Maths as well, any tips for a newbie would be greatly appreciated!
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Flashcards help too.
Flors
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kxrxi.00)
Yeah thanks a lot😊 I'm gonna try my best to do at least 20 mins of school work. Btw I saw that you do Edexcel Maths as well, any tips for a newbie would be greatly appreciated!
End of topic exam questions are the way to go. Personally, I can't really use flashcards for maths unless it's for specific equations I have to memorise. Then practice, practice. Also getting the lesson's work done as soon as possible as it will be fresh in your mind. Doing as many past paper questions, I look on every spec if I need more practice on a specific topic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads