The Student Room Group

what does it mean by preferred on a university website?

hey everyone , I'm really interested in fashion public relations and communications and at college I want to study level 3 extended diploma in btec business because I'm not that practically amazing at art and design and on the entry requirements they do have mmm extended level 3 btec diploma but in brackets they have wrote ( preferred art and design) but what does that mean though can i still enter with my future business btec or ????
Reply 1
Original post by saidabuo01
hey everyone , I'm really interested in fashion public relations and communications and at college I want to study level 3 extended diploma in btec business because I'm not that practically amazing at art and design and on the entry requirements they do have mmm extended level 3 btec diploma but in brackets they have wrote ( preferred art and design) but what does that mean though can i still enter with my future business btec or ????

If a subject is described as preferred in the entry requirements, then it usually means applicants with that subject will be looked at more favourably but it is not required to study that subject for entry. For example, I applied to study computer science at universities that preferred computing A-Level but I didn't study that subject and I still received offers. You study the BTEC Diploma that they want so as long as you achieve MMM, I think you should be fine. :smile:

If you're still unsure, I would suggest contacting the college and asking them about their entry requirements.
Reply 2
Thank you so much because you have literally stopped my anxiety....😊
Reply 3
Original post by saidabuo01
Thank you so much because you have literally stopped my anxiety....😊

Haha, but I would still 100% recommend you contacting the college ASAP and asking them as well. You'll feel even more relief, trust me! :smile: I had to contact some universities about their entry requirements because I don't study maths either and they preferred that and they told me it was okay and I felt so relieved.

If the college is closed due to the Christmas holidays, make sure you try as soon as they open again. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending