The Student Room Group

Does queens road Swindon has a red light camera with limit 30mph

Does anyone has seen this camera ?It’s on the queens road I reckon as what I have heard!?Is it 40mph or 30mph !Some say it’s gatso speed camera just before the magic roundabout (near burger kings)!?
Hey! Your post seems to have a few phrases that pertain to traffic lights and/or red light cameras, so I'm here to answer a few common questions that we see on TSR...

Is this a a sensor or a camera?
I can guarantee that if you've attached a photo to this thread, it's NOT a red light camera, but is in fact just a sensor for monitoring traffic.

I think I ran a red light, will I get a fine?
No one can answer this, sorry! You'll need to wait for 14 days to see if a NIP arrives in the post (there's a few exceptions to the rule, but 14 days is the usual guideline). You need to seriously have a long hard think about what you've done and treat this as a big lesson in paying more attention on the roads, regardless of whether you get a fine or not.

What if someone saw me and reports me?
Nothing will come from it. Stop worrying.

This message was posted automatically by the ItsOnlyASensor bot. If you believe this message was posted in error, please PM this account to provide feedback. Thanks!
Reply 2
Original post by ItsOnlyASensor
Hey! Your post seems to have a few phrases that pertain to traffic lights and/or red light cameras, so I'm here to answer a few common questions that we see on TSR...

Is this a a sensor or a camera?
I can guarantee that if you've attached a photo to this thread, it's NOT a red light camera, but is in fact just a sensor for monitoring traffic.

I think I ran a red light, will I get a fine?
No one can answer this, sorry! You'll need to wait for 14 days to see if a NIP arrives in the post (there's a few exceptions to the rule, but 14 days is the usual guideline). You need to seriously have a long hard think about what you've done and treat this as a big lesson in paying more attention on the roads, regardless of whether you get a fine or not.

What if someone saw me and reports me?
Nothing will come from it. Stop worrying.

This message was posted automatically by the ItsOnlyASensor bot. If you believe this message was posted in error, please PM this account to provide feedback. Thanks!

Thanks a lot for the reply!
I just need to confirm that is there any speed camera or red light camera with limited speed there?as far as I know Swindon has removed all static cameras as they say but I want to confirm that for future reference that is there any camera over there(queens road just before the magic roundabout )
Reply 3
Original post by Rikh690
Thanks a lot for the reply!
I just need to confirm that is there any speed camera or red light camera with limited speed there?as far as I know Swindon has removed all static cameras as they say but I want to confirm that for future reference that is there any camera over there(queens road just before the magic roundabout )

I can't see one. There are some old references to cameras at that point but they seem to now be gone.

Queens Drive by the way, not Queens Road.
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
I can't see one. There are some old references to cameras at that point but they seem to now be gone.

Queens Drive by the way, not Queens Road.

Are u pretty sure there isn’t a gatso camera there because I have heard from some!?
Reply 5
Original post by Rikh690
Are u pretty sure there isn’t a gatso camera there because I have heard from some!?

I can't see one.

Quick Reply

Latest