Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I want to buy a new MacBook Air the £999 model has 256GB SSD storage while the £1249 model has 512GB SSD storage. I do pretty much all my uni work on google docs as things always save and it is easier to browse in some aspects so I am not sure whether the more expensive model is worth it? Any advice?
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous1502)
I want to buy a new MacBook Air the £999 model has 256GB SSD storage while the £1249 model has 512GB SSD storage. I do pretty much all my uni work on google docs as things always save and it is easier to browse in some aspects so I am not sure whether the more expensive model is worth it? Any advice?
256GB of inbuilt storage is enough for most people mainly just storing documents, especially if you already use cloud storage solutions like Google Docs as part of your workflow. Charging £250 for one extra GPU core and 256GB of storage is also a ludicrous price gouge. Although I would recommend spending £50 on a 1TB-2TB external hard drive for a secondary form of backup, as well as a place to store large media files like movies if you ever decided to start collecting them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (60)
40.27%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
16.78%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
4.03%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (15)
10.07%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (16)
10.74%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (13)
8.72%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
9.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed