The Student Room Group

is a guy being 5'8'' a turn off for you?

do you prefer taller men? I am asking girls primarily because I think guys don't care that much whereas girls seem to have height requirements?

Scroll to see replies

Well no... I've had a preference for guys 6ft and above but did once date a guy who was 5 ft 3/4 as he was super good looking with a (what I thought was) great personality...he turned out to be a douche.
5 ft 8 is really not that short, it's average male height I believe. You'll be fine but don't just focus on your height too much - look at other reasons why girls might want to be with you and work on them.
That’s a very small reason to reject someone since their a pretty decent height. I’m 5ft 9 and girls don’t seem to mind.
5’8 is quite tall to me lmao.
For me it’s quite tall.
Well it’s not a turn off but being a few inches taller will help you out in that department.
Reply 6
I’m 5,4 and my boyfriend is 5,6 and I wouldn’t change anything about him
5'8 is 173cm which is ok but it is sort of short
i'd prefer the guy i'm with to be 5'7"-5'10"
(edited 3 years ago)
Idc
nah
nah not really but it really depends on their personality and looks tbh but I would prefer someone who was not significantly shorter than me. (coming from someone who is 5' 8")
(edited 3 years ago)
I prefer it as it's the same height as me and I prefer a more compact man rather than giraffe
honestly i can't say **** when i'm 5'2. my ex was 5'6/7(?) and honestly i had to get on my damn tiptoes to kiss that mf

bro i'd even date danny goddamn devito why does height matter so much
Original post by Anonymous
do you prefer taller men? I am asking girls primarily because I think guys don't care that much whereas girls seem to have height requirements?

I would date someone that hieght (I'm 5'75 - 5'8 idk yet need to measure again) but yeah I see that as tall
as long as the guy is taller than me, I'm only 5'1 so I don't mind 5'8. Though in my case I wouldn't go for anybody above 5'11.
Not a turn off.
I'm 5'1 and date guys over 5'4.
I srsly never cared about height of the guy, probably cause I’m only 5ft 1 inch. Srsly, I only ever saw on YouTube videos when asked what height do girls like and most girls were saying really specific height like 6ft or over but in real life I’ve seen plenty of guys like 5ft and something with really great girl friends. It’s not just height, your looks and personality plays a huge part.

Let me say in my case, my biggest celebrity crush is yoongi from BTS and he’s only 5ft 7 inch. And biggest anime crush is Levi Ackerman and he’s only 5ft 2inch. Would I choose them over any other guy on this planet if I could? Absolutely yes! Does their height make me like them any less? Absolutely not!

Obvsly I’m aware they don’t compare to regular people but I was just saying 😂
Original post by Anonymous
I srsly never cared about height of the guy, probably cause I’m only 5ft 1 inch. Srsly, I only ever saw on YouTube videos when asked what height do girls like and most girls were saying really specific height like 6ft or over but in real life I’ve seen plenty of guys like 5ft and something with really great girl friends. It’s not just height, your looks and personality plays a huge part.

Let me say in my case, my biggest celebrity crush is yoongi from BTS and he’s only 5ft 7 inch. And biggest anime crush is Levi Ackerman and he’s only 5ft 2inch. Would I choose them over any other guy on this planet if I could? Absolutely yes! Does their height make me like them any less? Absolutely not!

Obvsly I’m aware they don’t compare to regular people but I was just saying 😂

I agree, it's only YouTube that people specify 6ft or above. in real life, guys are 5'8-5'10.

I'm 5'1 and my boyfriend is 5'8 and I wouldn't change anything about him, love him to bits. The quality I love the most about my bf is his patience
Nope not at all the main important thing is him being taller than me if the guy was below 5'3 that would be a turn off. My crush is 5'8 and there's plenty of boys in my school taller than him but I like him anyway because of his personality and looks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending