manlykraul
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I am really struggling with getting full marks on Economic papers. I am good at everything else apart from this. Please Help !!!
Davis Makori
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi, what kind of help are you looking for?
Rootkit77
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by manlykraul)
I am really struggling with getting full marks on Economic papers. I am good at everything else apart from this. Please Help !!!
Hello, what areas of economic papers are giving you a hard time, theory otlr calculations?
manlykraul
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rootkit77)
Hello, what areas of economic papers are giving you a hard time, theory otlr calculations?
I am doing GCSE (Preparing for Mocks and Final Exams). I struggle with 6 markers in general but some specific are ones where they ask you to evaluate on questions and ones to do with Price Elasticity of Supply (This one I really struggle with)
manlykraul
Rep:
?
I am doing GCSE (Preparing for Mocks and Final Exams). I struggle with 6 markers in general but some specific are ones where they ask you to evaluate on questions and ones to do with Price Elasticity of Supply (This one I really struggle with)
Nadia-J
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
What resources are you using? Any websites?
manlykraul
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nadia-J)
What resources are you using? Any websites?
Tutor2u, Econplusdal so many. But I just can't manage the 6/6 consistently, do you have any tips ??
Rootkit77
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I think you can post questions of varying complexities in this platform and acquire input from various users on how to approach such problems. discussions can really boost your understanding of the questions. Combine that with notes, you significantly enhance your scores.
Nadia-J
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Tutor2u, Econplusdal so many. But I just can't manage the 6/6 consistently, do you have any tips ??
I’m not familiar with what 6 markers entail.

Best would to use mark schemes and examiners reports to see what is required in a 6 mark question.

As questions may be based around evaluation/data interpretation/basic definition or application questions (keep up to date with current affairs in order to use examples from the real world in application questions)

I’m sure Econplusdal does have videos on exam technique but that is tailored towards a level questions rather than GCSEs.
Maybe also consider getting a CGP Revision Guide tailored to your exam board.

Additionally, some websites that were helpful when I was studying:

http://www.revisionguru.co.uk/economics/
https://www.economicsonline.co.uk
https://www.economicshelp.org
http://brynsaseconomicsblog.blogspot.com/?m=1
Last edited by Nadia-J; 8 months ago
stephsmhb
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
If you sent me a question you are struggling with, i could help you
a109
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I do Economics OCR and I am in year 11, what is the best way to revise?
StudentAlicia11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by a109)
I do Economics OCR and I am in year 11, what is the best way to revise?
I’m in year 9 and I was thinking of picking GCSE OCR Economics? Do you think I should and is it very difficult?
a109
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by StudentAlicia11)
I’m in year 9 and I was thinking of picking GCSE OCR Economics? Do you think I should and is it very difficult?
I feel like that if your Economics teacher is good teacher then pick it and if you are also thinking of doing it in A - level
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.74%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.06%
I need help with my personal statement (75)
42.13%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.03%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.87%

Watched Threads