ermmaya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
please help! i used to be somewhat okay with physics but have recently stopped doing well in it and i don’t know what changed. i feel like the fact i don’t know the equations contributes to me struggling in it. plus i know that the laws are off by heart. what do people recommend for revising physics, getting better at it and/or remembering the key equations- i’m aiming for a 6 in the real thing - if it goes forwards hopefully.
wonder girl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Are you currently doing the topic on dynamics? Newtons laws and things like that?
tipexmaster25
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Make revision cards with all the formulas that you're not given (check your exam board first because I think they do give you a couple!) and try and go through them once a day or once every couple of days. Its annoying to start with but I promise it will stick eventually! I do it for my A-Level chemistry (I have to learn like 60 different reaction conditions!) and its really helped
dicotyledon
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Definitely try and learn the formulas, they make up a significant amount of marks! There is a song on YouTube that might help, it helped me remember some of them.
I also used to remember them as words, so I'd just remember one of the power ones, Power (P)= Current (I) X Potential difference (V) as P=IV so I'd see those being mentioned in the question and think "Ah! Piv!". For the Q=IT equation I'd just say "Quit" as it sounds like QIT and so seeing something about charge flow in a question would make me want to "quit" (i.e Q=IT). I don't know if I'm making any sense here.
My friend liked to remember them as a different acronym, so for example V=IR she remembered as Very Important Robert. It helps to remember things in weird ways in my opinion.
Make sure you know how to rearrange these equations, even just writing down the right equation can earn you a mark.
ermmaya
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by dicotyledon)
Definitely try and learn the formulas, they make up a significant amount of marks! There is a song on YouTube that might help, it helped me remember some of them.
I also used to remember them as words, so I'd just remember one of the power ones, Power (P)= Current (I) X Potential difference (V) as P=IV so I'd see those being mentioned in the question and think "Ah! Piv!". For the Q=IT equation I'd just say "Quit" as it sounds like QIT and so seeing something about charge flow in a question would make me want to "quit" (i.e Q=IT). I don't know if I'm making any sense here.
My friend liked to remember them as a different acronym, so for example V=IR she remembered as Very Important Robert. It helps to remember things in weird ways in my opinion.
Make sure you know how to rearrange these equations, even just writing down the right equation can earn you a mark.
thankyou so much! do you know what the song is titled on youtube?
dicotyledon
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by ermmaya)
thankyou so much! do you know what the song is titled on youtube?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3K6ZdtFZlg

It's a strange video, but for some reason the beginning always stuck with me. I'd double check that the equations they use are the same ones you need to know though, some of them will be at least!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads