The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Accommodation Dilemma

Hiya I am planning on doing a masters in 2021 and want to move out as i never got a chance to move out during my undergraduate course. I dont want to have a boring experience in Postgraduate Accomodation. I will only be 21 so still young and fear that being in Postgraduate Accomodation will be boring and only have mature students in it. As I never got to experience living out as an undergraduate I hope to do it next year and live in undergraduate halls. I am fine with concentrating with noise and stuff. Am i making the right choice?
Reply 1
Original post by skb2017
Hiya I am planning on doing a masters in 2021 and want to move out as i never got a chance to move out during my undergraduate course. I dont want to have a boring experience in Postgraduate Accomodation. I will only be 21 so still young and fear that being in Postgraduate Accomodation will be boring and only have mature students in it. As I never got to experience living out as an undergraduate I hope to do it next year and live in undergraduate halls. I am fine with concentrating with noise and stuff. Am i making the right choice?

Hey, if thats what you want, I'd say go for it. I am a final undergrad living with other final year undergrads, a postgrad student is also living with us and we all get along just fine. You can also look for places that have both undergrads and postgrad students, personally, I don't think being a postgrad means its going to be all boring and serious, I know the studies will be tougher and will require more time but doesn't necessarily mean you won't be able to have fun, I think its fun to move out anyway u get to meet a lot of different people and don't usually know what to expect which makes it fun, for me at least. but at the end of the day,it depends on what you think is best for you.
Original post by skb2017

Maybe stop making up ideas and do some research? How old do you think postgrad students usually are? Is that age difference critical? Why can't postgrads party? Why is postgrad accommodation boring?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending