The Student Room Group
Up until 17, I was fat for the most part of my life. Was never in any relationship and never attracted any girl. I remember liking a girl in the beginning of sixth form, after some time I asked her out and she flat out rejected me calling me a fat bum. That was it. I was 5,7 and weighed 90kg. Technically obese. Being a diabetic, my doctors also told me I needed to lose weight. I don’t really know what truly triggered me and made me become consistent, but I went on to only eat 800 calories everyday, do 100 pushups, 10 minute planks (including sides), workout my arms and triceps, my legs by squatting 100 times with 20kg weights. And to end it all off, a 1 hour jog of cardio paced between 8km/h-10km/h. I would do this everyday after school, consume my 800-900 calories, then go sleep.

After 3 months, I went from 90kg to 66kg. My doctors were shocked with the weight loss and told me that I needed to slow down. And so, upon realising how far I’ve come, I did. My mentality going into this was quite simple, “if your not dead your alright”. 🤣🤣🤣 stupid I know.

Anyway, losing all that weight, I started getting more female attention. Friends would complement me. And teachers would even notice. A lot of people would ask me how I did it, to which I commonly gave responses like, “stay hungry”, or “maybe it’s my genetics kicking in”. I never wanted to let anyone know I was working so hard. I wanted the attention. I looked at all of this like a 3 month long boxing match. I fought my opponent (my excessive weight) with such ferocity just like how Mike Tyson did with his opponents. In the end, I ended up with being much smaller, having to buy a **** ton of new clothes, getting lots of compliments from people, and eventually...my first girlfriend who happened to be way out of my league when I think about it. 😅

I really wouldn’t advise you to do something like this. Looking back I was a stupid kid but we all go through our phases in life. How I managed to go through such a fierce 3 months was just insane, I don’t know if I could really do such a thing again. Unless you have been put down your whole life or have been bottling up pure anger and frustration through being rejected for years, most people won’t have the mental fuel to go through something like this.
(edited 3 years ago)
I went from 82 KG to 58 KG in around 4 months. I am now around 59 KG, one year later. I lost the bulk of the weight in around 2 months.

I did a lot of exercise. I was also going through a cold turkey drug withdrawal, not nice at all. My diet was ridiculous, consisted of sliced cheese, pickle and ice pops. Don't attempt it, it's dangerous and ridiculous.

As I lost weight I found myself better able to exercise and move around in general. Before the diet I got quickly out of breath and struggled to climb stairs.
My breasts actually became proportionally bigger, I don't know how common or uncommon this is. I went from a 36 D to a 32 F. Strangely I've now gone down a cup size.

My legs no longer rub together in the middle, this can get extremely soar.
I feel less self conscious, less of a soar thumb.
Most of the angry red stretch marks on my body are now white.
I've gone down half a shoe size.
My face is a different shape.
I can comfortably fit in the bath.
I can easily find clothes in the sales.
People gave me a lot of positive attention.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by glassalice
I went from 82 KG to 58 KG in around 4 months. I am now around 59 KG. I lost the bulk of the weight in around 2 months.

I did a lot of exercise. I was also going through a cold turkey drug withdrawal, not nice at all. My diet was ridiculous, consisted of sliced cheese, pickle and ice pops. Don't attempt it, it's dangerous and ridiculous.

As I lost weight I found myself better able to exercise and move around in general. Before the diet I got quickly out of breath and struggled to climb stairs.
My breasts actually became proportionally bigger, I don't know how common or uncommon this is. I went from a 36 D to a 32 F. Strangely I've now gone down a cup size.

That’s what I like to hear. That’s Amazing man.
Reply 4
Original post by IWINTWIN
Up until 17, I was fat for the most part of my life. Was never in any relationship and never attracted any girl. I remember liking a girl in the beginning of sixth form, after some time I asked her out and she flat out rejected me calling me a fat bum. That was it. I was 5,7 and weighed 90kg. Technically obese. Being a diabetic, my doctors also told me I needed to lose weight. I don’t really know what truly triggered me and made me become consistent, but I went on to only eat 800 calories everyday, do 100 pushups, 10 minute planks (including sides), workout my arms and triceps, my legs by squatting 100 times with 20kg weights. And to end it all off, a 1 hour jog of cardio paced between 8km/h-10km/h. I would do this everyday after school, consume my 800-900 calories, then go sleep.

After 3 months, I went from 90kg to 66kg. My doctors were shocked with the weight loss and told me that I needed to slow down. And so, upon realising how far I’ve come, I did. My mentality going into this was quite simple, “if your not dead your alright”. 🤣🤣🤣 stupid I know.

Anyway, losing all that weight, I started getting more female attention. Friends would complement me. And teachers would even notice. A lot of people would ask me how I did it, to which I commonly gave responses like, “stay hungry”, or “maybe it’s my genetics kicking in”. I never wanted to let anyone know I was working so hard. I wanted the attention. I looked at all of this like a 3 month long boxing match. I fought my opponent (my excessive weight) with such ferocity just like how Mike Tyson did with his opponents. In the end, I ended up with being much smaller, having to buy a **** ton of new clothes, getting lots of compliments from people, and eventually...my first girlfriend who happened to be way out of my league when I think about it. 😅

I really wouldn’t advise you to do something like this. Looking back I was a stupid kid but we all go through our phases in life. How I managed to go through such a fierce 3 months was just insane, I don’t know if I could really do such a thing again. Unless you have been put down your whole life or have been bottling up pure anger and frustration through being rejected for years, most people won’t have the mental fuel to go through something like this.

Original post by glassalice
I went from 82 KG to 58 KG in around 4 months. I am now around 59 KG. I lost the bulk of the weight in around 2 months.

Thank you for sharing. It’s inspiring to hear others talk about their experiences, especially as I find it really hard to stay motivated and in past experience of trying to lose weight I’ve never been successful. Well done for sticking with it :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for sharing. It’s inspiring to hear others talk about their experiences, especially as I find it really hard to stay motivated and in past experience of trying to lose weight I’ve never been successful. Well done for sticking with it :smile:

No problems man. Though, I'm commenting now to highlight one thing about perhaps the primary reason why you aren't able to lose weight. I picked this up through one word you mentioned, "motivated".

Like you, in the past, I tried to lose weight by sticking with programs but never really went through them because I lost "motivation". If you want to lose weight and get down to where you want to go, if there's any advice you take from this thread, it's this. DONT RELY ON MOTIVATION, FORGET ABOUT IT COMPLETELY, YOU WILL ALWAYS LOSE MOTIVATION.

I'm not trying to be negative but it's not natural for any human being to be motivated all the time when working out or/and leading to a workout you know you have to do. You cannot let your actions be controlled based on your emotions (motivation levels). You need to be "disciplined". And the great boxing trainer that trained Mike Tyson from a fat 13-year-old kid who was arrested over 30 times to the youngest ever heavyweight champion at age 20 defined discipline as this;

"Discipline is doing what needs to be done regardless of how you FEEL".
That was also his definition of what a professional was.

Basically, expect to lose motivation, don't let that be your fuel. From your current weight to the moment you lose all the weight you wish to lose, nothing else exists apart from you and the objective at hand.

Remember, throw that motivation bullocks people preach out of the window. People who are successful in life learn how to operate and do stuff they know they have to do to get to where they want to be regardless of how they feel. Apply this concept to every aspect of your life, and you will succeed. Don't be disappointed if you fall short as well. Even If you go through the workouts you do and only do half of what you usually do, feel satisfied. That's better than nothing, BUT MAKE SURE YOU ARE CONSISTENT AND DONT RELY ON MOTIVATION.
I lost 10kg when I was 17 but I gained it all back but now I’m trying to lose it again. So I can be 56kg, now I’m 71kg
Who knows?

I’ve never lost weight 😹
It feels pretty amazing
Reply 9
Original post by IWINTWIN
No problems man. Though, I'm commenting now to highlight one thing about perhaps the primary reason why you aren't able to lose weight. I picked this up through one word you mentioned, "motivated".

Like you, in the past, I tried to lose weight by sticking with programs but never really went through them because I lost "motivation". If you want to lose weight and get down to where you want to go, if there's any advice you take from this thread, it's this. DONT RELY ON MOTIVATION, FORGET ABOUT IT COMPLETELY, YOU WILL ALWAYS LOSE MOTIVATION.

I'm not trying to be negative but it's not natural for any human being to be motivated all the time when working out or/and leading to a workout you know you have to do. You cannot let your actions be controlled based on your emotions (motivation levels). You need to be "disciplined". And the great boxing trainer that trained Mike Tyson from a fat 13-year-old kid who was arrested over 30 times to the youngest ever heavyweight champion at age 20 defined discipline as this;

"Discipline is doing what needs to be done regardless of how you FEEL".
That was also his definition of what a professional was.

Basically, expect to lose motivation, don't let that be your fuel. From your current weight to the moment you lose all the weight you wish to lose, nothing else exists apart from you and the objective at hand.

Remember, throw that motivation bullocks people preach out of the window. People who are successful in life learn how to operate and do stuff they know they have to do to get to where they want to be regardless of how they feel. Apply this concept to every aspect of your life, and you will succeed. Don't be disappointed if you fall short as well. Even If you go through the workouts you do and only do half of what you usually do, feel satisfied. That's better than nothing, BUT MAKE SURE YOU ARE CONSISTENT AND DONT RELY ON MOTIVATION.

You’re a life saver, thank you so much for this.
I've gradually and healthily lost about 2.5 stone over the last year, over 3 stone/20kg since my heaviest. Like most people, I lost the most weight in the first month or two due to excess fat that my body probably wasn't too fussed about losing. As you get to a healthier weight, losing weigh can then be harder. There's not normally a quick fix and quick fixes can lead to gaining the weight again - it's about changing your lifestyle to be healthier. I'm now a healthy BMI (not that BMI is everything) and I feel much better. I doesn't magically 'fix' all issues with body positivity - I think people at any weight can be insecure about areas of their body. But I'd feel much more confident in a bikini now I actually have visible abs coming through :tongue: I also feel better when I do eat less healthy food, because I know I can balance it out by eating smaller amounts of unhealthy food with a generally healthy rest of my diet. For me it's mainly been about changing my diet and tracking the calories I eat - you could eat a load of healthy food but if you're eating too many calories of it (more than you burn) you won't lose the weight.
If feels amazing. Especially if you don't just look at the weight change of the scale but actually take your measurements periodically, and you are physically getting smaller. It's also nice to feel light :smile:
I lost a bit of weight during lockdown and while i was losing it, it didn’t feel like much because it was a gradual process. I only really noticed when family/friends would comment on it. Also, a week before starting year 13 i realised my smarter clothes were ridiculously too big for me - that was the best feeling ever :smile: - of course, that feeling changed not long after i had to spend money on a whole new wardrobe :wink:
Original post by izzxm
I lost a bit of weight during lockdown and while i was losing it, it didn’t feel like much because it was a gradual process. I only really noticed when family/friends would comment on it. Also, a week before starting year 13 i realised my smarter clothes were ridiculously too big for me - that was the best feeling ever :smile: - of course, that feeling changed not long after i had to spend money on a whole new wardrobe :wink:

That's amazing, well done! :smile:
I know the thread is old but still wanna share with you my achievement
I was 65 kg last spring now I'm finally 53 <3
soooo happy and proud of myself

Latest