The Student Room Group

can i cut my septate hymen on my own

I thought everyone had it and i just figured out i have a septate hymen and thats why i never use tampons bcs it gets stuck and i have to move the skin to get the tampon out i want to cut it is it okay if i do it ? i do wanna use tampons but its annyoing and im scared some day it wont come out bcs of the skin. i thought everyone had it but now i figured out others dont so now i understand why they use tampons . my mom wants me to use them but i dont bcs of the annyoing skin. i can pull it and move it it doesnt hurt but im scared that it will cause issues during sex and other stuff. i noticed the skin a long time ago when i was eleven and i always thought it was weird. I want to cut it on my own i am young and im scared to tell someone
okay darling don't cut anything, if you have tried putting a tampon in and you cant, you may have something wrong with your hymen, which is perfectly normal, a lot of people have extra skin on there hymen, what you need to do is tell your mum about it, and explain to her that theres skin in the way, and hopefully your mum will understand what to do, what what you must not do is cut anything down there.
Original post by lolipoplols
I thought everyone had it and i just figured out i have a septate hymen and thats why i never use tampons bcs it gets stuck and i have to move the skin to get the tampon out i want to cut it is it okay if i do it ? i do wanna use tampons but its annyoing and im scared some day it wont come out bcs of the skin. i thought everyone had it but now i figured out others dont so now i understand why they use tampons . my mom wants me to use them but i dont bcs of the annyoing skin. i can pull it and move it it doesnt hurt but im scared that it will cause issues during sex and other stuff. i noticed the skin a long time ago when i was eleven and i always thought it was weird. I want to cut it on my own i am young and im scared to tell someone

Please don't do this OP. It's really not worth it.

You could injure yourself really badly down there, and that could lead to an infection, or you could permanently injure yourself. Please please don't. Touching it probably won't do anything, but if you cut it and it bleeds badly, or it gets infected - it's really not worth it.

Go to your GP and ask them for help; they'll help you deal with it. And in a safer way. It's completely normal and lots of people have it - your GP will be able to help you deal with it. (And if they do cut it, it will be in a safer way to reduce possible infection).
Original post by Anonymous
Please don't do this OP. It's really not worth it.

You could injure yourself really badly down there, and that could lead to an infection, or you could permanently injure yourself. Please please don't. Touching it probably won't do anything, but if you cut it and it bleeds badly, or it gets infected - it's really not worth it.

Go to your GP and ask them for help; they'll help you deal with it. And in a safer way. It's completely normal and lots of people have it - your GP will be able to help you deal with it. (And if they do cut it, it will be in a safer way to reduce possible infection).

Exactly this, please tell your mum to make an appointment with your GP, tell her you think you have a problem with your hymen and that you want to have it go checked out.
It will probably break eventually with you using tampons or when you start having sex. Cutting it seems unnecessary plus there is a risk of infection.
I just cut mine now I’m flipping panicking
Original post by lolipoplols

idk but i can do it for u. i did like 2 weeks of medical school. in primary.
is it okay coz i wanna cut mine off
Original post by claudiahicks598
is it okay coz i wanna cut mine off

No, it's not. Do not. See a GP.

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Hollycampbell123
I just cut mine now I’m flipping panicking

tf, man are you alr?

Latest