The Student Room Group

Funding for Nursing as a 2nd Degree

Hi SF Team - I'm wanting to go back to uni to do an adult nursing BSc. It would be my 2nd degree as I already have a psychology BSc. The infomation I found suggested that I could get a tution fee loan for a 2nd degree but not a maintenance loan, but then someone else suggested that the maintenance loan would also be paid (and therefore be enough to live on while doing the 3 year full time course) - please can you tell me if that's true?
Original post by Jess_Silver
Hi SF Team - I'm wanting to go back to uni to do an adult nursing BSc. It would be my 2nd degree as I already have a psychology BSc. The infomation I found suggested that I could get a tution fee loan for a 2nd degree but not a maintenance loan, but then someone else suggested that the maintenance loan would also be paid (and therefore be enough to live on while doing the 3 year full time course) - please can you tell me if that's true?

Nursing is an exempt subject. Previous study and qualifications is ignored for funding purposes. You are funded as if it’s your first time at university - tuition fee loan, living costs loan and a nursing bursary.

The online application form sometimes struggles to recognise nursing courses so you need to apply promptly in March and be prepared to submit the paper application form if the online form doesn’t work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending