The Student Room Group

Is it bad to say that I don’t want to do anything wife my life anymore

Honestly I’ve gotten to the stage in my life where I don’t want to do anything.

No hobbies.
No goals.
No aspirations.
Nothing.

I would be happy if I stayed in my bedroom for all eternity and accomplished absolutely nothing with my one existence on planet Earth.

Anyone else feel like this?
Is this normal?
How do I not feel like this?
I thought this was going to be about your wife from the title!
Original post by Anonymous

No hobbies.
No goals.
No aspirations.
Nothing.

I would be happy if I stayed in my bedroom for all eternity and accomplished absolutely nothing with my one existence on planet Earth.

Is this normal?

It is not uncommon, but it is not good. Sounds like nihilism. Try and snap out of it. Take some exercise. Are you not interested in any romantic pursuits?
(edited 3 years ago)

No hobbies.
No goals.
No aspirations.
Nothing.

Is this normal?

Its nice to have days like this. But thats it. Just days like a Sunday doing absolutely nothing. But not all the time. You need to find some hobbies. From those hobbies there will be elements of that where you can channel them into long term goals. Be it the gym target, or crocheting a whole blanket, to being a tai chi master, to walking 20 miles a day. Anything. Aspirations, thats totally normal. not everyone knows what they want to do. I know I certainly didnt when I was 19. I still didnt when I reached 30 lol.
For aspirations, you have to take all the things you like and dislike doing; whether thats physical work, or mental work, analytical, caring, working on your own/with lots of people. Then pursuing ideas and reading into them more.
Reply 4
I thought this was going to be about your wife from the title!

That was supposed to be with my life. Typo my bad. Unfortunately you can’t change titles on TSR once you’ve posted the thread!
That was supposed to be with my life. Typo my bad. Unfortunately you can’t change titles on TSR once you’ve posted the thread!

You can change the title. Click on the edit button in the corner of your original post. :smile:
Original post by 5hyl33n
You can change the title. Click on the edit button in the corner of your original post. :smile:

I don’t think it’s possible with the anonymous feature :beard:

OP, are you in education or at the working stage of life? Did something happen that has triggered you to feel like this?
Is there absolutely nothing you enjoy doing?
(edited 3 years ago)

No hobbies.
No goals.
No aspirations.
Nothing.

Is this normal?

You can't have this attitude all your and refuse to do anything.

No hobbies.
No goals.
No aspirations.
Nothing.

Is this normal?

I feel exactly the same, OP. I'm in a decent job with decent pay, I worked hard at uni, did well in my exams, always had some hobbies regardless of how busy I was (even if it was reading for half an hour before bed) but now I just have no desire to do anything. Can't even concentrate on a film these days. And yeah, I would also happily stay in my bed all day an not interact with anyone.

It's normal but I don't know how not to feel like this.
I feel exactly the same, OP. I'm in a decent job with decent pay, I worked hard at uni, did well in my exams, always had some hobbies regardless of how busy I was (even if it was reading for half an hour before bed) but now I just have no desire to do anything. Can't even concentrate on a film these days. And yeah, I would also happily stay in my bed all day an not interact with anyone.

It's normal but I don't know how not to feel like this.

*not normal
Original post by windwendy
Try and snap out of it.

how helpful :rolleyes:
Reply 11
C53288C2-2FE1-485A-A515-2242D575D24E.jpeg
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I don’t think it’s possible with the anonymous feature :beard:

OP, are you in education or at the working stage of life? Did something happen that has triggered you to feel like this?
Is there absolutely nothing you enjoy doing?

Ah, another odd thing about TSR. 👀
You can't have this attitude all your and refuse to do anything.

I don’t understand what you mean
Original post by windwendy
It is not uncommon, but it is not good. Sounds like nihilism. Try and snap out of it. Take some exercise. Are you not interested in any romantic pursuits?

Can’t exercise because all the gyms are closed. Given up on romantic pursuits as I’m 23 and never been in one

Quick Reply

Latest