How to improve confidence?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Confidence for doesn't exist. I have no confidence in myself.
NonIndigenous
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Apart from the cliche things like:
- exercise
- eat better
- set yourself realistic goals
(things which everyone knows and talks about... and you can find lots of online articles about these things anyway)

I'd say apart from things like that, telling the truth, builds confidence. No matter how uncomfortable it is sometimes, or also how boring it is. I could write an essay about it but it's late. Nobody I know ever talks about this. People can never develop real self-confidence, when they obscure their own reality behind false impressions, personas, crappy exaggerated stories of otherwise very bland and ordinary every day events, etc. If you're not honest with the people around you about who you are, what your past is, how your day went etc. then you're never even giving them the chance to accept you in the first place, and you're not even giving yourself the same chance either.
NonIndigenous
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Also: not doing things which you disagree with. Not caving to peer pressure, for example, like if you don't like smoking, don't smoke just to impress your peers. Don't pretend to agree with people who you don't agree with. Don't do things which you have no conviction for, or which someone else is pushing you into. Every time you start something with a lack of conviction, you probably will struggle finishing it... and might even fail altogether and only because you ran out of energy and enthusiasm which you never had in the first place. That doesn't build confidence.

On the other hand, take meaningful risks and don't be afraid to fail either. Most things in life are a bit of a gamble, because you never know for certain what the outcome will be. That shouldn't stop you from trying, provided it is something you really want.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Confidence for doesn't exist. I have no confidence in myself.
Confidence doesn't come from thin air. It takes a lot of time to build confidence. It's okay to not be confident, and I'll admit, I'm not a confident person at all. I know how it feels to have low self esteem and a lack of confidence. Building confidence doesn't take a day or two either, it's something you build gradually overtime. There must be a reason(s) you aren't confident, if you can list them to yourself and work on them, maybe you will find yourself being confident one day. Sometimes the things you aren't confident in are things you can't easily overcome, therefore it has to be flaws you have to accept. Everyone has their own pace to work on building confidence, so don't bash yourself if you take a longer time than others.
Bobby Reds
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You need to change your mindset to actually believing that you are the "best" person in the room.

When you learn to be yourself and actually understand that you ARE the "best" person in the room and become actually confused as to why other people dont feel the same way about you...Then you will have become a confident person.
Anonymous #3
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Bobby Reds)
You need to change your mindset to actually believing that you are the "best" person in the room.

When you learn to be yourself and actually understand that you ARE the "best" person in the room and become actually confused as to why other people dont feel the same way about you...Then you will have become a confident person.
So having an ego. You are a :troll:
NonIndigenous
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
An even better method is to pay an artist to build a 20ft marble naked statue of yourself with a sculpted six pack and a bald eagle on your shoulder.
Bobby Reds
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'm a troll?.... Okay "Anonymous #3"
Anonymous #3
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Bobby Reds)
I'm a troll?.... Okay "Anonymous #3"
You are either a troll or crap at giving advice. You were literally encouraging op to have an ego telling him to be the best person in the room. No that's egotistical
Bobby Reds
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by NonIndigenous)
An even better method is to pay an artist to build a 20ft marble naked statue of yourself with a sculpted six pack and a bald eagle on your shoulder.
HAHAHAHA WOW THAT IS FUNNY!!! :indiff:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.32%
Uncertainty around my education (65)
11.52%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.7%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13.3%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (32)
5.67%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (28)
4.96%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (60)
10.64%
Financial worries (35)
6.21%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (22)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.03%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.66%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (56)
9.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (46)
8.16%

Watched Threads